Shark Fin / Bee Sting Aerial.

Hey @Absolut5 I have just received the shark 2 for the t6 of the travelinlite website but I'm having difficulty getting the dab fakra connection. I have female to female here. If I plug the wire direct from the aerial boom stereo kicks in but the extension supplied has a female end not a Male or am I being really stupid?

Hey @Absolut5 I have just received the shark 2 for the t6 of the travelinlite website but I'm having difficulty getting the dab fakra connection. I have female to female here. If I plug the wire direct from the aerial boom stereo kicks in but the extension supplied has a female end not a Male or am I being really stupid?

The aerial you purchased is for a aftermarket headunit not for a factory

Post up a picture of the aerial connections just to confirm

Hope you can see it. The 2 in my hand are the extension from the sharkfin. The black in what I want to connect to (just broken down) also the creamy colour beneath the black dab is that the am/fm connection as when googling looks like a bluetooth fakra? Also I did call prior to placing the order as I wanted it to be right 1st time and explain I had original stereo I was told that it would be fine? That's why I was racking my brains to think it must be right. Had the stereo out had both door cards off. Was starting to gripe. Hopefully it's a quick fix and change of cables.
Thank you.

20200403_211020.jpg

On the back of the original head unit is a twin white socket, that’s the fm/am, the Black is the dab and beige is usb, if you have a blue socket this is the gps

You need 2vadapters to do it correctly

I do normally sell them by my stock for them are at the shop and we are shut and only doing headunit and speaker mail order from home at the moment

I have to say that’s a expensive aerial with out the adapters, I sell a German manufactured one with the correct leads/plugs for the same cost.

Ebay-

Hope they get them to you ASAP so you can get it all back together

I'll get these ordered. I paid good money as I thought it would be right 1st time hey ho lesson learnt. Thank you for your help massively appreciated.

Hope you can see it. The 2 in my hand are the extension from the sharkfin. The black in what I want to connect to (just broken down) also the creamy colour beneath the black dab is that the am/fm connection as when googling looks like a bluetooth fakra? Also I did call prior to placing the order as I wanted it to be right 1st time and explain I had original stereo I was told that it would be fine? That's why I was racking my brains to think it must be right. Had the stereo out had both door cards off. Was starting to gripe. Hopefully it's a quick fix and change of cables.
Thank you.

View attachment 64948
Hi, I've been researching these aerials for some time and have not yet made my mind up which one to go for as in beesting or sharkfin.

How have you routes the cables when you have got into the front cabin area? Is it down the passenger side a pillar and then at the back of the dash?

Thanks.

I installed the sharkfin this morn but do to me needing different fakra connectors (not supplied) as above thread I will run the cables when they arrive. Will run down the offside down the A pillar under steering wheel following the existing harness and into the back of the stereo. I added a couple of images of the dimensions I used to install. (Lwb) not sure if it makes a difference I just wanted it plum center and inbetween roof reinforcing struts. Just put some primer on the 20mm hole to protect from corrosion. 20200404_124741.jpg

20200404_130314.jpg

Hi, I've been researching these aerials for some time and have not yet made my mind up which one to go for as in beesting or sharkfin.

How have you routes the cables when you have got into the front cabin area? Is it down the passenger side a pillar and then at the back of the dash?

Thanks.
The sharkfin would be best as it use a phantom feed to switch it on via the coax, the beesting has to use a external feed, more ideal with aftermarket head units

I installed the sharkfin this morn but do to me needing different fakra connectors (not supplied) as above thread I will run the cables when they arrive. Will run down the offside down the A pillar under steering wheel following the existing harness and into the back of the stereo. I added a couple of images of the dimensions I used to install. (Lwb) not sure if it makes a difference I just wanted it plum center and inbetween roof reinforcing struts. Just put some primer on the 20mm hole to protect from corrosion. View attachment 64987

View attachment 64988
I'd be grateful if you could update this thread with pics if you don't mind so I can see how it's done if that's ok?.

I installed the sharkfin this morn but do to me needing different fakra connectors (not supplied) as above thread I will run the cables when they arrive. Will run down the offside down the A pillar under steering wheel following the existing harness and into the back of the stereo. I added a couple of images of the dimensions I used to install. (Lwb) not sure if it makes a difference I just wanted it plum center and inbetween roof reinforcing struts. Just put some primer on the 20mm hole to protect from corrosion. View attachment 64987

View attachment 64988

I suggest running down the passenger side, A pillar then behind top tray/glovebox then to headunit

I suggest running down the passenger side, A pillar then behind top tray/glovebox then to headunit
Would that then through the little vents at the side behind the trim panel of the airbag switch?

I'll get these ordered. I paid good money as I thought it would be right 1st time hey ho lesson learnt. Thank you for your help massively appreciated.
Hi Leigh T6
I paid for the same DAB/Fm shark fin aerial from travelin lite and had the same problem with the cables not fitting my VW discovery stereo, I also checked before I ordered that everything would fit! Where did you order your x2 adaptor plugs from?
And what did you do about the 12v aux ant cable?

@Absolut5 has posted the ebay numbers for the additional connection required in an post from yesterday. Pasted below.
Ebay-

Copy tbe numbers and put in your ebay search bar. Jobs a goodun.
I think you could also use a dab female to male 5meter extension cable and connect to the existing black dab connector found behind the drivers door card. As when I connected the sharkfin male connecter (on the end of pre supplied wire coming direct from the sharkfin 20cm long) directly to this yesterday the signal came through strong an a station I struggle with.

@Absolut5 has posted the ebay numbers for the additional connection required in an post from yesterday. Pasted below.
Ebay-

Copy tbe numbers and put in your ebay search bar. Jobs a goodun.
I think you could also use a dab female to male 5meter extension cable and connect to the existing black dab connector found behind the drivers door card. As when I connected the sharkfin male connecter (on the end of pre supplied wire coming direct from the sharkfin 20cm long) directly to this yesterday the signal came through strong an a station I struggle with.
Thanks for the quick reply, eBay parts ordered! What have you done with the 12v+ aux ant cable?

There is an phantom power supply via the coax meaning (I presume) no requirement for the 12v. So I will cable tie and leave it redundant. It is there for aftermarket stereos is what I can gather reading the instructions.

Back