Shape of 80l vs 70l Fuel Tanks

RobP70

Hi, new to forum and planning a new T6.1 for a camper.
I'm trying to find out if the 80l fuel tank sits lower than the 70l or if its a different shape. Basically how the extra 10l is incorporated.
Tried searching but no joy, would be grateful for any links or pictures.

Its due to needing an underfloor side lift fitting for wheelchair access.

Hi, new to forum and planning a new T6.1 for a camper.
I'm trying to find out if the 80l fuel tank sits lower than the 70l or if its a different shape. Basically how the extra 10l is incorporated.
Tried searching but no joy, would be grateful for any links or pictures.

Its due to needing an underfloor side lift fitting for wheelchair access.
Did you get an answer on this. We are in the exact same position.

The people fitting the side access lift have said that as part of the adaptation they would replace the 80L tank with a stainless steel 70L tank but they aren't sure whether the fuel gauge will be affected. What was your experience?

I couldnt get a definitive answer! Noone seemed to know. It seems most likely that the 80l is longer and so doesn't hang lower. I was going with an autolift as opposed to the bruns as it doesn't involve moving the fuel tank. In the end I went with a crafter though as the transporter was too small for a wheelchair when the bed was down

I couldnt get a definitive answer! Noone seemed to know. It seems most likely that the 80l is longer and so doesn't hang lower. I was going with an autolift as opposed to the bruns as it doesn't involve moving the fuel tank. In the end I went with a crafter though as the transporter was too small for a wheelchair when the bed was down
Thanks for the reply, it's all a minefield isn't it.

From my research the 80lt tank is on non adblue vehicles and is longer not lower. The capacity is reduce to 70lt when you have an adblue vehicle to make room for the adblue tank.

This is my 80L tank on LWB 4Motion. I guess it’s longer at the back. It is right against the ad-blue at the front, it’s not lower, and I don’t think it is wider, but I don’t have a 70L to compare it to.

024D45E7-6B22-4ACA-96E4-D6D1C7B3449B.jpeg

Having said that, the support straps are recessed into the tank on the right, so maybe it is wider than standard?

From my research the 80lt tank is on non adblue vehicles and is longer not lower. The capacity is reduce to 70lt when you have an adblue vehicle to make room for the adblue tank.
80l tank is an option when ordering new. And all T6 have adblue now.

The fuel tank is slightly larger. 12% ish?

I have a 2019 SWB T6 150kw that is adblue. I have just ordered a 2023 T6.1 146kw that is not adblue. The dealer advised me that only the132kw is adblue at present.

Hi,
I have a question I have a 70l tank on T6. Last trip I top it on max. to the cap. Now my guauge shows different, It still works. I am interested how many liters of diesel is normal to start reserve light?

Last edited:
This time I filled 62l and guauge was still one spot from reserve. I will try and wait for reserve then I will see what happens I hope I will not run out

Back