Securing my spare wheel

Hi Folks, im new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself as the man who makes the spare ''wheel lock''
or shroud as known on this forum. Supplied in the forum shop. Its designed to protect your spare wheel security bolt from being undone with mole grips or pipe pliers. I make them in an old forge in kent then have them powder coated.
Any help please ask me if your not sure.

Hi @'Wheel Lock' Gary ,
This looks a lovely kit, Would you be happy to put one or two in for a prize, in a T6 forum competition?

If you are up for this, im sure something can be arranged with @Pauly

Thank you :thumbsup:

Hi @'Wheel Lock' Gary

I understand you make this product, you sell them?
So if @Pauly sets up a competition, the winner will win one of your wheel locks.

You be giving one of your locks to the winner :)

The comp can run for a few weeks, but it will also be advertising your product.

So if members are unlucky not to win, they still can purchase this fantastic wheel lock from the T6 shop.

Thank you

Sure sounds great idea i will contact Paul and post one out to him.

I do make them and sell them on Ebay but its all gone very slow the last few weeks.
And ebay fees are a joke, love to get of eek bay :(

Cheers
Gary

Hi Folks, im new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself as the man who makes the spare ''wheel lock''
or shroud as known on this forum. Supplied in the forum shop. Its designed to protect your spare wheel security bolt from being undone with mole grips or pipe pliers. I make them in an old forge in kent then have them powder coated.
Any help please ask me if your not sure.
Hello Gary, are you still supplying the spare wheel or shroud ? What do you charge for it ?

There is a very cheap solution to use in addition to the standard 3 pin locking bolt; use an old hole saw or cut down 1/2” socket as a guard. I used a cheap hole saw, I cant shift it with a 12” Stilson.
As a bonus the bast@rd might slash their hand open trying to nick it.
View attachment 68711
There’s another thread here with some ideas.

Yes I'm back to selling them on eBay. The price is £15 + P&P@£5 =£20.
Unfortunately there no longer powder coated. Now hand painted to protect them in matt black.
eBay link VW Transporter t4 t5 t6 Spare Wheel/Tyre (Security Device) | eBay

Gary
Brilliant. I’ve found it on eBay.
Could you recommend a particular brand of locking nut ? Are the genuine VW any better ? All the ones I’ve looked at seem to have the same three prong pattern to them. Does that mean a thief with the appropriate socket could still steal your wheel?

There’s another thread here with some ideas.
Surely all they do is use a long socket to get it off?

Brilliant. I’ve found it on eBay.
Could you recommend a particular brand of locking nut ? Are the genuine VW any better ? All the ones I’ve looked at seem to have the same three prong pattern to them. Does that mean a thief with the appropriate socket could still steal your wheel?
That’s what it looks like to me. Most of these ideas just stop the opportunist. Anyone who has actually taken a minutes effort/thought about it could get the nut off.

Hi ya,
Just looking to up van security starting with the spare wheel as this seems to be a easy theft item. Looking at all the security options out there they all seem to be the same locking wheel nut for around £20 but surely anyone could just buy one and run around steeling wheels off. No one actually seems to sell say a metal clasp that locks over the existing nut with some separate keys? Surely theives are not so useless that they don’t just come armed with an adapter?

Better than nothing, if somebody wants your property they’ll take it. It’s a deterrent

Isn’t that just a shroud again that stops you getting access to the side of the nut and if you had the common adapter it just slots through it and you can undo the bolt? Don’t think it has anything that stops you getting access to the top of the bot does it?

As I said in my post, if somebody wants it that bad they’ll have it.

Back