Seat Beds - Which one?

I will apologise in advance because this post is me basically wanting the 'moon on a stick' :whistle:

I am currently researching my conversion and my sticking point at the moment is a bed, this is made worse with my annoying attention to detail and OCD.

If I list the limiting factors/requirements below would you be kind enough to offer brands/solutions ticking of the most of my very specific criteria?
  • Needs to be a seat with belts as I do not want to loose passenger travelling capability.
  • Needs to be on a track system so I can push it forward to fit my bike behind and also not let my daughter feel like she is luggage at the back of the van when she is sat on it.
  • Preferably not a rock and roll as the 'bench' behind takes up space and stops me getting my bike in.
  • Ideally with detachable head rests as not to remove sight out of the rear window.
  • Potentially removable but not essential.
  • Ideally comfortable
  • Not cost £1 million
Thank you in advance

Marc

what configuration do you have in your van? i.e.: is it a semi camper unit with units inside or is it a van inside?
Do you have any seating in there in there at the minute?
And how many days / nights would you want to spend on this at a time? 1 or 2 days or weeks on end?
How big do you need it?

what configuration do you have in your van? i.e.: is it a semi camper unit with units inside or is it a van inside?
Do you have any seating in there in there at the minute?
And how many days / nights would you want to spend on this at a time? 1 or 2 days or weeks on end?
How big do you need it?
@ZipcodeUK thanks for the reply, right.

I have a Kombi with the standard removable 3 seater and no units yet, my intention is to install units down the drivers side, single height/no wardrobe. My overall preference is to end up with a modular set up allowing for big holidays when required but the majority will be spent weekends away or times at trail centres with my bike (staying there over night ready to hit the trails early :oops:).

A pop top will be fitted in due course and there is only the wife and I with our 6 year old girl.

Hi Mark, what did you do in the end. I'm in the same quandary and any pics of your solution would be appreciated.

Caravelle triple :thumbsup:

Bebb bed?. Uses existing QR brackets with additional one in the read for bed location.

I will apologise in advance because this post is me basically wanting the 'moon on a stick' :whistle:

I am currently researching my conversion and my sticking point at the moment is a bed, this is made worse with my annoying attention to detail and OCD.

If I list the limiting factors/requirements below would you be kind enough to offer brands/solutions ticking of the most of my very specific criteria?
  • Needs to be a seat with belts as I do not want to loose passenger travelling capability.
  • Needs to be on a track system so I can push it forward to fit my bike behind and also not let my daughter feel like she is luggage at the back of the van when she is sat on it.
  • Preferably not a rock and roll as the 'bench' behind takes up space and stops me getting my bike in.
  • Ideally with detachable head rests as not to remove sight out of the rear window.
  • Potentially removable but not essential.
  • Ideally comfortable
  • Not cost £1 million
Thank you in advance

Marc
www.kernowtransporters.co.uk/product/volkswagen-vw-t5-california-seat-rock-and-roll-bed-2336/

Caravelle triple, three proper seats, on rails, removable head restraints, back folds flat onto seat, or back to make 2/3 double bed.....I have a slot together 1/3 in 15mm ply. Gives me complete flexibility.

Caravelle triple, three proper seats, on rails, removable head restraints, back folds flat onto seat, or back to make 2/3 double bed.....I have a slot together 1/3 in 15mm ply. Gives me complete flexibility.
Any pictures?

Back