Recommendations needed: seat/bed on rails

TheDig

Hello,
I have a Kombi twin slider t6. Am looking to remove the 2+1 rear seats and replace the seats with a seat/bed affair that converts to either a three quarter or full width bed, all of which slide on rails, I don’t want to put cabinets in for the full conversion, leaving it as a day van only at this time.

Three quarters width (about 120cms wide) gives room to move around the seat/bed and get bikes in etc. but the full width bed (c150cms wide) gives better sleeping room for my wife and self, both of these I’d like on sliding rails.

I’ve seen on the net, not physically seen- Smart Beds Evo R (they do both full and three quarter width on rails) and Banwy Uber Flux rib bed on rails. They are between 3500 and 5300 respectively fitted to new flooring etc.. rails included. The Smart Beds rails seem to sit very high above the flooring height whereas the Banwy rails sit almost flush with the floor surface, as if inset in it.

My question is; Has any one fitted or had fitted a good system of rails with sliding seat/bed and wouid recommend a manufacturer of the systems or converter using these to speak with please?
Thank you.

I’m not sure if it’s been discounted or not but have you considered retrofitting a sliding bed out of a California?

So its a genuine used Cali roof and rails - resprayed to match bodywork and fitted with new canvas. Looks absolutely fantastic and is operated either by interior switch or remote. Great that it has the Cali interior roof with tambour style hatch. Cali seat is 116cm max width - reupholstered to match Samora fronts now on swivel bases. Fitted on the n/s as my van was a Kombi with n/s single slider. Bed board to fit into the flush rails is not made yet but I'll do that and therefore make the rear seat bed arrangement to my requirements .... scope for well over 2m length if you need it.... so long as you don't fit furniture which protrudes too far. I would recommend that you speak to Richard at Kernow Conversions down here in Cornwall for all the roof, seating, flooring, lining and leccy work.

My question is; Has any one fitted or had fitted a good system of rails with sliding seat/bed and wouid recommend a manufacturer of the systems or converter using these to speak
Look also at Titan Varimount bed. It installs on OEM VW Cali rails. I fitted one to my kombi last year, now used many times and I'm still pleased with it. It's worthy of comparing to a Rib or Standard Cali

Cali seat comes with a deep drawer at the front and a jack storage box at the rear.... so two instant fixes which are especially helpful when no furniture units are fitted. Cut that horrid jack mount off the rear n/s wheel arch before carpet lining!

Look also at Titan Varimount bed. It installs on OEM VW Cali rails. I fitted one to my kombi last year, now used many times and I'm still pleased with it. It's worthy of comparing to a Rib or Standard Cali
Thank you will check that out.

Cali seat comes with a deep drawer at the front and a jack storage box at the rear.... so two instant fixes which are especially helpful when no furniture units are fitted. Cut that horrid jack mount off the rear n/s wheel arch before carpet lining!
Like that idea ..

GUys these look great but do you know if it is possible to retro fit these rails post original van build without having to remove the whole floor?

My new floor with California rails was fitted to a factory Kombi ... I understand the rubber flooring was left largely in situ to provide much needed sound deadening. New deeper side step was fitted to accomodate 15mm rise.

My new floor with California rails was fitted to a factory Kombi ... I understand the rubber flooring was left largely in situ to provide much needed sound deadening. New deeper side step was fitted to accomodate 15mm rise.
Thank you.

I think this is what I'm looking to do. Your rails look pretty much flush with floor. So they're seats taken from a California and rails fitted? Are the seats new or second hand? Who fitted the rails? Thanks

Rails are either genuine California or Caravelle. Mine have chrome lashing point ends fitted which I believe are a Caravelle spec. Rear seat is California reupholstered in Simora fabric to match fronts. Plastic panels sprayed black as Cali fabrics and plastic panel color schemes are annoyingly different to those used in other vans. New flooring with rails and rear seat were supplied and fitted by Kernow Conversions. Among many other things! Not sure if they're still doing conversions .... possibly only VW interior parts such as the seats. Might be able to make new floor with rails I suppose ... he owns an excellent template. You'll of course need a rear third section to make a full double bed with the Cali rear seat. Made my own which bolts and slides in the rails using some new steel legs for Cali rails bought from fleabay and then cut to a lower height ... again with a matching Simora cushion i had made by an upholsterer to my pattern. Great but expensive to do! Hope you find what u r looking for.

Back