Adding seat belts to RIB bed

rednat88

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

We just bought a camper with a RIB bed. There are no belts connected and on close inspection it looks like they may have been removed at some point. Under the seat, on the frame we have a double anchor point at the back and then another one on each side of the seat. Looking at the photos of other RIB beds, the plug is often connected to the outside with the seat belt reel in the middle. However I can't work out where the other end of that seat belt reel bolts too to make it a 3 point belt. Are they meant to both attach to the same anchor point or am I missing something?

I would be so grateful for any ideas people may have as I've tried contacting the company behind RIB directly with no luck and am really struggling to find an answer on the internet as everyone else's RIB bed seems to come with seat belts as standard.

Thanks in advance.

Natalie

That does, THANK YOU. I've found it so hard to get any close up photos on Google.
Could you tell me if the second photo is the plug end? And if so do you have any idea where the other end of the seat belt reel is bolted?
Thanks again.

The seat belt reel has 2 bolts at 90 degrees, you can see the 2nd bolt on the frame in the shadow....
2nd photo is the clip in connector and strap, bolts on the outside edge of frame

The clip in strap has a string loop attached to the frame which stops it falling away from the frame too much.

Hi
Just jumping on this thread, have you had any issues with the seatbelts not coming out or retractacting properly? Our rib bed is covered in an auto leather fabric and when the seats are upright there isn’t always enough space (and I guess the material isn’t slippy enough) to allow the belts to slide freely back and forth. Jus wondered if you’d had this issue at all or any suggestions for solutions?
Thanks
Pete

Back