Screenwash fault? Warning light when full?

sipep

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all.

I am assuming this is the screenwash. I've full the screenwash, the light remains on..

Is there a reset function?

Ty

If it’s topped up then the sensor is either stuck or broken. Has it been driven since refilling? If it’s stuck driving about may free it

If it’s topped up then the sensor is either stuck or broken. Has it been driven since refilling? If it’s stuck driving about may free it
It is not a mechanical part, so maybe broken wire or loosen connection. Maybe the liqud ate less conductive

The ‘sensor’ is just 2 metal contacts that are shorted by the liquid in the tank, there’s no moving parts and nothing to reset, if there’s liquid in the tank and the light is stuck on then it’s almost certainly a wiring fault, the sensor/wires simply pick up a negative and switch it back directly to the cluster so the wiring is pretty straightforward and easy to test the issue is getting to it to do anything

If you are going to tackle this yourself then the first point would be the washer bottle and double check the connection plug, this is the most likely failure are with either the plug being loose or the contacts corroded etc etc

Just been out to the van, there were some errors which I have cleared. One is still remaining which seems to relate to something else completely.

I've managed to take off a little panel, which looks move for the fog lights..

1000018444.jpg

Screenshot_20231231-111432.png

Just been out to the van, there were some errors which I have cleared. One is still remaining which seems to relate to something else completely.

I've managed to take off a little panel, which looks move for the fog lights..

View attachment 223969

View attachment 223970
From memory the 01543 code is because you've changed the screen picture! Go back to the original screen background and it will go away!

CAN network gateway:
03158 - Information electronics control module 1

Instrument cluster:
13654544 - Databus missing message

Infotainment system:
01543 - Control module coded incorrectly

Central electronics:
00979 - Right low beam headlamp bulb
01499 - Right High Beam Headlamp
02746 - Right daytime running light lamp
03156 - Anti-theft alarm system sensor
03303 - Feedback lock status, left rear door
03434 - Output terminal 30G for interior light
03435 - Terminal 30 for interior light/parking light
03442 - Return message rear lid closing condition

I've cleared all the central electronics, I did blow a fuse a few weeks back with changing interior lights, let's hope they stay off. Saying that... None of these errors showed on the dash

Hi, do you know which option / type is the original?
Top of the list? The boring VW logo shines up in all its glory! Not as exciting as the GTi logo screen, but no Clarissa faults! Let me know if you can't find it I'll have a look later when I get back from work!

Thanks, I've tried none, 11 and 14 (all just say welcome to VW)..

The error is not going, but I have noticed something that I must of been ignoring that might be an issue.

When I hit reset it displays this parking error

PXL_20231231_122344493.jpg

Screenshot_20231231-121527.png

Did you have the bonnet open whilst Caristering? That can make a difference!
Also download the Carista beta if you haven't already, more choices of stuff you didn't know you needed.
Perhaps try 'type 1'....
Good luck!

I have a permanent error on mine that tells me acc is unavailable.
It's a poverty line without acc for goodness sake Clarissa!
Bitch....

Do you definitely have wash level fitted ?
It comes as standard with LED headlights, vans with standard halogen headlights dont have it
Just wondering if you have accidentally activated when doing some coding ?

The level sensor is on the front of the screen wash tank so you wont be able to see it form the wheel arch, in the photo you posted the wires/connector on the left are foglight and the wires/tubes on the right are the screenwash pump

Im trying to remember if you can access the level wiring connector by removing the lower side grille from the bumper but im not 100% one way or the other ??

Back