Limp mode Stop Start Fault

Kombi Guy

Hi all, hoping someone might be able to help, on our way home on Wednesday, the engine warning light came on and the glow plug light started flashing, the dash is saying stop start fault, it’s gone into limp mode I’ve got a code reader but it’s not really telling me anything or clearing the warning lights, hope someone on here has some ideas, thanks in advance.

Best post the most detailed output you can get from the code reader here, folks may see something they've seen before in it.

If it's a series of seemingly unrelated faults it might help pin point a common area of the wiring loom/ground point to double check.

Doesn't look exactly right spot for the fault codes - 7E8 is the "address" where engine responses to data read requests like e.g. read engine fuel pressure, engine oil temperature, engine boost pressure, etc. And, 7E9 is the address for the DSG.

Please try to locate something like: Scan DTC (DiagnosticTroubleCode), fault codes, etc.

It’s only a basic scanner I got for Christmas that’s all it gives me, I will try again tomorrow but thanks for replying

Hi all, I’m back home now and have just scanned again, it’s coming up with one code that says the DPF is blocked, I do lots of short journeys but do regen when I’m on a longer journey, the DPF light came on and went back off just before it went into limp, anyone got any ideas!IMG_5103.jpeg

My suspicion is that your filter is blocked to the point that a normal regen will not happen and you need a forced regen. Does your reader allow you to view the soot levels in the DPF?

Are you getting any faults referring to a fuel temperature sensor - couple of other threads with similar symptoms to you seemed to have that as the root cause.

Back