Heater plug warning light!

Mark 23

First post on the forum! Just 3 months into my van ownership and loving the experience so far. However today saw the heater plug warning light continually flashing on the instrument panel? It did go out after a stop for fuel then after another stop it has resumed again? Now the engine management light has also come on too!!!!
I was in the engine bay earlier this week spraying WD40 around but not sure if this ‘fault’ has is connected or purely coincidental?

Last edited:
Hi your best bet is to buy a ODB reader can get off amazone for less than £20 this will tell you the issue ( and saves a lot of money going to garages ).. i have the same as you have described and mine is due to a faulty fuel temp sensor wire which has corroded and not making contact

Many thanks Digg66 for the reply, good advice, fortunately the dealership has been responsive so far so taking it in for a diagnostic soon. We’ll see what comes out of that!

First post on the forum! Just 3 months into my van ownership and loving the experience so far. However today saw the heater plug warning light continually flashing on the instrument panel? It did go out after a stop for fuel then after another stop it has resumed again? Now the engine management light has also come on too!!!!
I was in the engine bay earlier this week spraying WD40 around but not sure if this ‘fault’ has is connected or purely coincidental?
Some others on here have reported issues are spraying silicone spray in the engine bay during a tidy up. Some of the sensors can be sensitive to it I believe. It may well be connected.

Thanks, good info, maybe a lesson there for sure, it’s booked-in for a diagnostic check this week so hopefully I’ll get it sorted out?

Back