VanBlanc

Life is a Beach so we are back...
VIP Member
T6 Guru
A few folk have mentioned plans to do this trip. This year we did 4400 miles up the Norwegian atlantic coast to the Arctic Circle and back through Sweden. I know the area around Stavanger and Stockholm but not much more so it was an adventure.

There are a lot of pics on our FaceBook page Van Blanc | Facebook.

Norway in particular was amazing so we plan to go again and this time to the North Cape and some more in the middle in for a 4-6 weeks in 2018. It is a great travelling country with constant changes of scenery of all types in short distances.

Last edited:
Needs to be a big bucket @Walski so you better get saving now :eek:

The only thing in Norway that was cheaper than the UK was diesel. Mrs VB caught a cold - Strepsils £6 at Boots the Apotek, the dog chewed his lead - £20 (oh and then Mrs VB had to buy him a new harness too - £40) and don't even think about having a bevy :cry:

You can wild camp as you wish but camp sites were all good and very reasonable. Up the Atlantic Coast you will spend a lot of money on ferries and few quid on tolls (register your CC with Autopass as soon as you get there).

The tunnels are great. The best one was under Stavanger Fjord at a mere 8.5km long but 265m deep! There was one that came out of the mountain straight onto a suspension bridge and then straight back into a mountain. And then of course there is the Vallaviktunnelen with its disco roundabout :cool:

Last edited:
@VanBlanc that is an awesome trip that I plan for next year.
I have been to Denmark many times and took my T5 there via North Sea Ferry and Holland, Germany drives.
Now there are very few ferries to Scandinavia, if any and I now have a new T6 and getting use of it in the UK.
Plan to ferry across the North Sea. How did you get over to Europe and do you have any travel tips?

Back