Safety Recall T6.1 vans Driver's door Bowden cable.

Got mine replaced again the other day. Let’s see how this set last…

Had my recall done today. When I got home and locked the van it sounds very different than before it was done. Has anyone else noticed this?
when I used to press the lock button on the key fob a second time it sounded like it deadlocked?.? Now it does nothing

If you lock it with the key fob and try and open the door from the inside, if it has deadlocked it won’t open.

Right it appears I may have been locking my van incorrectly from day one. I always assumed I was activating the deadlocks with the second press. It turns out I was probably deactivating them.
Just sat in my van and locked with the single lock. I was able to unlock it via the internal door handle. Sounds like it will be going back

I wouldn’t have thought it would be an issue with the replacement cables though, but perhaps the locking program

Yes. One push deadlocks it, another push deactivates them. I never noticed any difference after having my door cables done by the way..

If you lock the door from the inside with the door lock button on the top of the door card it doesn’t deadlock for safety reasons

What's the deadlock, never heard of this? I always single press lock button when leaving the van.

What's the deadlock, never heard of this? I always single press lock button when leaving the van.

Reactions: EdH
Checked it twice now, safelock is definitely not working.
The Bowden cable for the outer handle isn’t adjusted correctly, most likely over adjusted.. stopping the dead lock from moving into the correct position.

Needs redoing by the dealer.

Took my van in earlier in the week for the safety recall on the Bowden cables. On my return home and locking the van for the first time I immediately noticed it sounded very different from before on locking. I suspected that the deadlocks on the VW safe lock system weren’t kicking in. I asked advice on here and people seamed to agree and told me to check by locking myself inside the van with the deadlocks engaged. If I couldn’t open the doors they were working.
This I did and the internal door handles all opened the van.
Another trip back to the dealership this morning and they are now telling me things have changed on the t6.1.
would any t6.1 owners be able to try this for me on their vehicle to confirm?

Took my van in earlier in the week for the safety recall on the Bowden cables. On my return home and locking the van for the first time I immediately noticed it sounded very different from before on locking. I suspected that the deadlocks on the VW safe lock system weren’t kicking in. I asked advice on here and people seamed to agree and told me to check by locking myself inside the van with the deadlocks engaged. If I couldn’t open the doors they were working.
This I did and the internal door handles all opened the van.
Another trip back to the dealership this morning and they are now telling me things have changed on the t6.1.
would any t6.1 owners be able to try this for me on their vehicle to confirm?
Hi, I’ve just been out to test.
got in the van. 1 press of remote to lock.
I then can’t open any of the doors from the inside. I have had the Bowden cable recall done.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: mmi
Hi, I’ve just been out to test.
got in the van. 1 press of remote to lock.
I then can’t open any of the doors from the inside. I have had the Bowden cable recall done.
Hope that helps.
Thanks for that, can you confirm it’s a t6.1. The dealership say it has changed from the t6

Mine is a T6.1 (September 2020), Bowden cables replaced last week ... single press from inside the van and the doors can not be opened.

6.1 Kombi march 21. Single press and doors can’t be opened from inside.And i had cable done a couple of weeks ago.

Back