Safety Recall T6.1 vans Driver's door Bowden cable.

Mine had the door cables done under warranty recently - reading this thread adds more clarity as to what those were.
Annoyingly I had two other things for them to look at and they prioritised the recall over the work I asked them to do so they ended up keeping my van overnight.
Bloomin typical!

I received a letter from VW commercial for the Bowden Cable safety recall this morning. It says me to book in with a VW dealer..

Safety Recall 57I1 - Door Bowden cables replacement:
- Water can penetrate into doors leading to Bowden cable ends freezing. At temperatures below zero there is a possibility front door locks appear locked when they are not. Front doors could spontaneously open while driving.

Eek!

This is bizarre. In Sept 2020 I had the recall 57H5 work done for the Bowden Cables Seal problem with freezing.

Now there's another recall on it for the same #@@king thing!

Come on VW get your act together!

Had a letter this morning for my 2020 T6.1. I hope I don't fall out in the meantime, make sure to tighten the seatbelt just in case.

Just checked my September 20 van and it says "recall on 26th November" . I remember asking when I picked it up about any recalls and was told they had been done. Touch wood I've not had any lock trouble so far. I'll contact vw to sort it , they can fix all the heat shielding that's falling off too and the loose wheel arch linings

Had my letter for the recall this morning.
All booked in for 14th December.
Asked if there is any other recalls and they said no.
Interested to find out more about this engine management recall and the nav and map update.

Currently waiting for VW assist, drivers door won’t latch shut. It’s already booked in for the recall on Friday :rofl:

Got mine booked with VW Van Centre in Wrexham on 20th Dec. Just out of interest has anyone used them before for servicing/warranty work etc?

Collected the van from the dealers and drove an hour to get home… only to find that the passenger door won’t open from the outside. Absolutely fantastic.

Collected the van from the dealers and drove an hour to get home… only to find that the passenger door won’t open from the outside. Absolutely fantastic.
Does it feel like the door handle is broken? I was skiing last week and I think my passenger door handle froze. My passenger kept pulling and then handle released, no resistance just flappy and the door wouldn't open externally. I assumed it had broken / snapped internally. But later in the day with a bit of sun it was fine. My van has been for the recall / mod so I'm not sure if this is related or not.

I guess its warmed up in the UK a bit this week so cant blame the cold ?

That's flipping pants. Couple of years ago I took my brand new Škoda Fabia for a warranty job on a gearbox, they made a right mess out of it, I wish I never did to be honest.

How long this recall on our vans has been in force? I might leave it a bit until they practice bit more.

I was told by someone who works for VW to get in touch with my dealer re my 2021 T6.1 and check whether mine’s affected - it is. He advised me to do so before a big frost when the cables can break and lock you out.

I’ve also got to get the ‘SOS emergency call restricted. Workshop!“ fault sorted too. Earliest I could get my appointment for is 6th Jan so fingers crossed it lasts til then.
All this has just been sorted on mine...perfect now. Last winter I couldn't open the drivers door for weeks at a time.

@AK06FR my door will open after a few pulls of the handle. I think the dealer has just stuffed up the recall in this case.
@EdH I’m not sure. I have seen on some other groups that vans which were included in the original recall are also included in the new one. Currently at the dealers while they sort out my passenger door.

Update.. the passenger door lock is faulty. Perhaps they broke it when they did the recall yesterday.

Back