Rumble/knock from drivers footwell after coil over fitting [Resolved]

I have said that to them, no tool I'm aware of that can make that mark. I bought them direct from Stance. Thanks for the picture, I will send this over and hopefully get a better response.
It’s a quality issue not a tool the chrome plating has worn away

Am I right in thinking that can only happen because of a fault. Within 6 months of being fitted. It’s not a normal sign
you only need look deep enough on the internet and there are plenty of cases from the shaft catching/jamming. i think it purely comes down to the fact that they are just not up to the job/weight of the van. as soon as these fail on my again ill be removing them and replacing them with something else.

seems very much luck of the draw. Some seem to last well others fail after very little time at all. touch wood mine have been ok since. but then they have only been on since october/november.

Update - both front shockers had failed, both had play in them and marks on the shaft. Managed to get one off Stance, waiting on the other.
exactly what happened to mine. sounds like a bad batch. i could understand it a little more if mine were on the lowest setting but they're only about 3/4 of the way down. im waiting for the day they fail again now. then ill get rid of them all together

It can easily be an original part that is stressing because the stance plus ,goes too low and if the van owner has set the drop too low. Lots of things won’t be happy

on another note was your Abarth lowered from standard height m maybe springs fitted to drop it a bit ?
Sorry not sure how I missed this lol.

Standard height, you may already know but a lot of the models came with FSD on the rear from factory from Esseesse in early 2010's onward to current models like the wifes Pista. But the 'FSD's' always had a habit of knocking / rattling internally on the early versions, they rebranded and released the 'special activs' which seem to be OK, so they appear to have fixed it, the current one is 3 years old and still OK but only done 8k miles, so time will tell. They perform really well with or without the noise, but I ended up sticking non FSD's on mine at the time as I was paranoid about the knocking coming back, and knocks and rattles really bug me!

The 500 / 595 shockers are essentially ford KA ones I believe even to this day. I honestly didn't notice any difference in comfort or ride on the FSD's or the wifes Activs vs the standard konis, but may make a bigger difference on a different setup / chassis, they were massively better than the stock fiat ones though.

Sorry not sure how I missed this lol.

Standard height, you may already know but a lot of the models came with FSD on the rear from factory from Esseesse in early 2010's onward to current models like the wifes Pista. But the 'FSD's' always had a habit of knocking / rattling internally on the early versions, they rebranded and released the 'special activs' which seem to be OK, so they appear to have fixed it, the current one is 3 years old and still OK but only done 8k miles, so time will tell. They perform really well with or without the noise, but I ended up sticking non FSD's on mine at the time as I was paranoid about the knocking coming back, and knocks and rattles really bug me!

The 500 / 595 shockers are essentially ford KA ones I believe even to this day. I honestly didn't notice any difference in comfort or ride on the FSD's or the wifes Activs vs the standard konis, but may make a bigger difference on a different setup / chassis, they were massively better than the stock fiat ones though.
KONI supplied the valves to Fiat not the whole shock , not working well by the sounds of it , but i guess the factories dont want to spend the money on the entire shock

stee

Back