Rough Conversion Cost Startline to Sportline

Biggie16

Hello Everyone
I’m new to the forum and never had a van before. I’ve just put a holding deposit on a 19 reg startline T32 swd 150bhp base van and really have two questions.
1. Is this a good spec base van?
2. What would be the rough cost to convert this into a nice 5 seat KOMBI, I’d like to complete change the look and have been looking at the Sportline conversion kits, would also like to put some nice wheels on it along with carpet insulation and 3 seats in the back. I would need to pay someone to do this and I have a rough budget of £6000 for the conversion, is that realistic or am I dreaming?. Any help and advice would be great fully received.

In 2019 I paid about 9k all in for a day van conversion. Carpet lined and insulated, Kombi seats and windows plus a few USB / 12v points. Plus Sportline Wheels and tyres.

Rough breakdown

Seats, seatbelts and brackets. £1k for parts
Wheels and tyres, About £1k
Insulated and lined plus windows and electrics £6k
Fitting seats £500ish
Bits and bobs another £500 ish

I spent about £6k without adding the seats and I did all the work myself from your list.

Wheels, tyres and coilovers plus associated suspension parts was over £3500.

Managed to pick up painted sportline front bumper for £100. Bargains can be found on here.

I started with the same in highline spec.
not sure what you get with a startline, but this is what i did.
Rear seats (already matching fronts)+ belts, brackets, reinforcement brackets all in = £1100
Insulation, sound deadening and carpet lining including cab roof in faux suede. = £600
2 side windows (no rear) =£360 (THQ)
Suspension solow coilovers = £1100 (THQ)
Wheels, 20 inch Audi RS8 £600 used + tyres £900
Already had highline bumper, and not keen on the sportline so just added Maxton splitter =£140 sportline kit add about £1000.
Rear spoiler tailgate version=£50, t6forum.com

About 5k all told, with me doing all the work. Most of it so easy to do.

Back