Roofbox Help - With a Solar Panel

Abevan1984

T6 Pro
Morning all,

After some advice and help.

I've got a 200w solar panel bonded to the back of my roof, leaving me 120cm from the end of the panel to the top of the windscreen. I'm wanting to put a roof box up there too but not obscure the solar panel.

Any recommendations? what have you done?

So far I have seen Thule Ocean 80 which is a 320l roofbox at 133 cms long and Thule Force XT S which is 300l and 139cm long.

I'm accepting there will most likely be a bit of over hang over the windscreen or a bit of blocking of the panel.

Your advice and recommendations are much appreciated!!

You will need to remove the roof box.

And hope the cross bars don't shade the panel to much to block an output.

Easiest option is to add in a mobile panel to work alongside the covered roof panel.

More info

Thanks @Dellmassive I was thinking of going more down this line and was interested to know if people were doing this and what roof box was best size and shape.

The solar is already in place fixed to the roof.

1652688624494.png

Anything causing a shadow on the panel will drop the output power.

So either take the roof box off when you are parked...

Or leave the box on and add a secondary mobile panel.

:cool:

Hi, I have the same dilemma and wondered if you had found the ideal roof box for the situation?
Morning all,

After some advice and help.

I've got a 200w solar panel bonded to the back of my roof, leaving me 120cm from the end of the panel to the top of the windscreen. I'm wanting to put a roof box up there too but not obscure the solar panel.

Any recommendations? what have you done?

So far I have seen Thule Ocean 80 which is a 320l roofbox at 133 cms long and Thule Force XT S which is 300l and 139cm long.

I'm accepting there will most likely be a bit of over hang over the windscreen or a bit of blocking of the panel.

Your advice and recommendations are much appreciated!!

What about putting in a DCDC charger as well? then unless yr parked up for days it will charge up soon as you drive it.

Back