Roof Spoiler. Where To Buy??

My experience recently.
I bought the copy from vee dub transporters it’s was poor quality. The paint job was poor, thin material and poor fitting. I think it had warped in the baking process when it was painted. It wouldn’t physically fit on the van. I bought it in the Black Friday sale. I returned it for a refund after a lot of hassle.
I ended up buying an official VW one from chilli jam campers. (Cost me £100 for the cheap copy and £240 for the official Vw one) Fits a million times better, thicker material and paint job was a lot better. 100% worth it having had loads of issues with the cheap one.
VW will put holes in the rear to fit them correctly (if they follow the Vw fitting guide) but I just glued mine on.

My experience recently.
I bought the copy from vee dub transporters it’s was poor quality. The paint job was poor, thin material and poor fitting. I think it had warped in the baking process when it was painted. It wouldn’t physically fit on the van. I bought it in the Black Friday sale. I returned it for a refund after a lot of hassle.
I ended up buying an official VW one from chilli jam campers. (Cost me £100 for the cheap copy and £240 for the official Vw one) Fits a million times better, thicker material and paint job was a lot better. 100% worth it having had loads of issues with the cheap one.
VW will put holes in the rear to fit them correctly (if they follow the Vw fitting guide) but I just glued mine on.
Thanks very much, that decides it for me - will go OEM VW.

Seems about right for a OEM dealer job. (Ie colour coded, bonded and bolted)

My experience recently.

Just be warned that the OEM fitted ones are bolted for reason.

We've seen numerous accounts of the rear wings coming off at speed or other.

It seems that the bonding can stick to the painted spoiler surface......but the paint can fail where its stuck to the spoiler itself, coming away any and leaving the bonding and a layer of paint stuck to the van.

So the OEM route has a mechanical fixing as a backup.... along with bonding.

I got my barn door spoiler from van style obviously a copy but painted up well and has mechanical fixings, the instructions are incredibly poor and the templates are total shite and once you’ve worked out that the mounting posts they provide are not finished correctly it’s good once it’s on but not fun to fit, all being said for £60 it’s good and secure

Just be warned that the OEM fitted ones are bolted for reason.

We've seen numerous accounts of the rear wings coming off at speed or other.

It seems that the bonding can stick to the painted spoiler surface......but the paint can fail where its stuck to the spoiler itself, coming away any and leaving the bonding and a layer of paint stuck to the van.

So the OEM route has a mechanical fixing as a backup.... along with bonding.
I’ve kept the mounting kit.
I’ll keep a super close eye on it, if I feel any changes I’ll remove it and put the holes in. Thank you for the warning.

this is a OEM fitting (sportline kit , pre dealer) (barn doors)

1611396479490.png1611396497730.png

£315 to get a Reflex Silver OEM rear tailgate spoiler ordered and fitted at my local Listers.
I can't quite get my head around the elevated price compared to the £240 mentioned a little earlier??

Thanks @Ukfozzybear - i appreciate that perspective. 'You get what you pay' for has bit me in the arse in the past, so it's good to have the help of forum members to guide newbies like me along.

I’ve noticed my spoiler is quite ‘loose’ and moves when I grab it. I think it is an OEM one (or a copy) but there is no sign of any mechanical fixings inside. I assume there isn’t much else I can do but pull it off and start again?

4583AC45-502C-4A96-85AF-E241FA1610B1.png

I’ve noticed my spoiler is quite ‘loose’ and moves when I grab it. I think it is an OEM one (or a copy) but there is no sign of any mechanical fixings inside. I assume there isn’t much else I can do but pull it off and start again?

View attachment 103610
Yeah. I would cut the old one off with some teeth floss and not pull it off. I used master seal speedbond. That stuff sticks.

I've just come back from our local VW van centre this afternoon, having parted with £312 to get an OEM spoiler fitted. Having experienced the issues my neighbour has had with a much cheaper option (it just wouldn't seat itself properly, and wouldn't sit flush at all) and the damage he ended up doing to his tailgate, I paid up. I didn't want to part with that kind of money - and having only just picked our van up, the price still stings. It looks great though...

I got mine from Transporter HQ
£149 it was even pre-painted the right colour (candy white) and matches perfectly the VW paint.

Im happy with the fit as well and it bonded on using some sealer type special bonding sealant you can buy from the same place to fit it with.

It took a few minutes to fit and i didnt even have to clamp it or anything as the fit was good enough for it to sit in place and bond.
I cannot fault it, well pleased

Don’t worry with a rear spoiler you need a front wind deflector oh wait I have one spare forsale how strange

@BognorMotors When you fit your rear spoilers, do you use the foam gasket template thing? Think I saw one of your Instagram posts last week where you were applying the Sikaflex stuff in the gaps? Do you find it fits better this way? Cheers

Any recommendations on where to buy a good quality roof spoiler for T6 tailgate? maybe also spray and fit.

Hi all, so it’s time to treat my tail gate to rear spoiler,so far I’m looking to buy from Maxton or van style.

Any one have any recommendations where to buy also not sure if I’m going gloss black or bamboo green yet.

Back