Roof Spoiler. Where To Buy??

Refitted rear spoiler too...
The stud holes on the spoiler are in such a position that they disappear inside the panel. No way to use a long stud. Put short studs in and bonded around the hole and along the spoiler.

View attachment 41118

Can you give me some info on your spoiler - it looks like the T5 style.. is it plastic or fibreglass?

Can you give me some info on your spoiler - it looks like the T5 style.. is it plastic or fibreglass?

The spoiler is plastic, very lightweight. It's not fibreglass. Not sure what type. I bought the van second hand, and the spoiler was already on. I think the previous owner had the work done at Vasworks, vasworks.co.uk, so it may be worth giving them a call.

Has anyone got access to the cost price of a genuine tailgate spoiler?

The dealers have quoted me what they are saying is cost price, but it's only a couple of quid cheaper than the price in the accessories brochure. I could do with some ammo to fire back at them.

@Pauly I think

The spoiler is plastic, very lightweight. It's not fibreglass. Not sure what type. I bought the van second hand, and the spoiler was already on. I think the previous owner had the work done at Vasworks, vasworks.co.uk, so it may be worth giving them a call.
I’ve just ordered a primed one from Van-Tech for £60 :thumbsup:

I have tried to find an answer to this but cant find a definitive one.

Im thinking of fitting a tailgate spoiler, but wondering if there is an aftermarket one that looks the same shape as the VW version.

So whats the best non OEM spoiler? Or do I need to suck it up and go OEM?

I’ve ordered a T5 style one - with the trimmed centre section - that fits the edges like the T6 version does.. it that makes sense?

I have tried to find an answer to this but cant find a definitive one.

Im thinking of fitting a tailgate spoiler, but wondering if there is an aftermarket one that looks the same shape as the VW version.

So whats the best non OEM spoiler? Or do I need to suck it up and go OEM?
I went down the OEM route
62F6F208-CFD3-4264-A8F1-A3CF95E058F6.jpeg

I’ve ordered a T5 style one - with the trimmed centre section - that fits the edges like the T6 version does.. it that makes sense?

Hmmm not really. Got a link to the one you ordered (or a pic) please?

I’m not at home but found this on the net.. not sure if he’s a member or not.

DC26D0EC-1546-4D3B-9F46-475C207E77B7.jpeg

It’s a T6 tailgate roof spoiler but with a cut-out in the centre like the T5 spoilers had (you’ll have to zoom in).

OEM for me.

A- Because I knew it would fit
B- One of it's pre-painted colours is CW
C- I got the dealer to include it as part of the deal.

Folks
Looking to buy a ready painted oem style rear spoiler for a T6.1 with tailgate. I saw somewhere a while ago selling white and black but cant find who it was.
Looking for a gloss black one.
Cheers.

Pretty sure they mentioned £420.00 fitted.....
Seems steep considering mid £80s primed from most places.

Back