Roof Spoiler. Where To Buy??

I got mine from Leighton Vans. Mainly because, they colour coded it and then sent it to me. I just had to splodge some sealant on it and a bit of masking tape- easy peasy:cool:

I Just bought a RDX one from Imex designs and will NEVER be buying an RDX part ever again!

I chose it because I like the look of the smaller profile and at £120, TUV approved & made in Germany I assumed it should be decent quality... how wrong can you be!

Firstly is arrived unprimed, which is what the ad states, so can't complain really but there's some more £'s to go to the painter.

Then on closer inspection it has been very poorly dressed up after the moulding process, leaving it with dips & divots on the lower surface near where the two (its' barn doors) meet... probably the most visible area, and generally a rather poor finish.

The ad states fine finish ready for painting!

So I emailed a complaint to Imex design which was well handled, really promptly and after sending some pics through and a partial refund offered.

But I wanted the manufacturer to know what shite they were shipping, so I asked them to sent on the pics; the response from RDX was appalling;
to summarise; no won't replace, they're fine, they're all like that, no one else complains, essentially F off..

In the end I took the partial refund from Imex and will put toward the extra £70 of filling and prep that the painter wants...

RDX. :mad:
Imex Designs. :thumbsup:
Trackside Auto Refinishers ££'s
IMG_6638.JPGIMG_6640.JPGIMG_6646.JPG

Do these spoilers have any practical benefits aside from appearance? I might be interested in one if it keeps the back door clean.

Do these spoilers have any practical benefits aside from appearance? I might be interested in one if it keeps the back door clean.

I would say Zero benefit, I had one on my van for three years before it fell off. If its raining and you are parked it keeps the rain off the rear window, that's about it.

I'm not putting it back on.

I got mine from Transporter HQ
£149 it was even pre-painted the right colour (candy white) and matches perfectly the VW paint.

Im happy with the fit as well and it bonded on using some sealer type special bonding sealant you can buy from the same place to fit it with.

It took a few minutes to fit and i didnt even have to clamp it or anything as the fit was good enough for it to sit in place and bond.
I cannot fault it, well pleased
Is it still attached and looking good?! Debating getting one!

It might stop water going into the 3rd brake light?

Can't see it doing much else than make the van look nicer.

They do look a bit ropey from the box and my first was damaged …. No I got a local car sprayer to do the job
Slots on just perfect …. Sikaflex 522 primerless adhesive
Really happy with the two tone dare I say wife’s idea

I don’t seem to have much like with my rear spoilers. I’ve had 2 now both I've lost while driving thankfully both times nobody was behind me.

The company that fixed them both times used the usual bonding adhesive so next time I’ll be screwing it in

I need to order one with the same blackberry colour code does anyone have any recommendations of where I can purchase and perhaps fit it for me as well.

Thanks

The factory option is bonded and bolted.

One bolt on each door leaf on the barn door version.

Back