Roof box for roof rack.

Staggsy

Okay so I have a Rhino modular roof rack fitted to my T6. I now want to fit a roof box. I have been told that those with the quick release claw wont fit as the bars are too small and those with U bolts don't have enough thread on the bolt to tighten up.
Has anybody fitted a roof box to their roof rack? If so, what type and how? Thanks in advance for any help.

Okay so I have a Rhino modular roof rack fitted to my T6. I now want to fit a roof box. I have been told that those with the quick release claw wont fit as the bars are too small and those with U bolts don't have enough thread on the bolt to tighten up.
Has anybody fitted a roof box to their roof rack? If so, what type and how? Thanks in advance for any help.
Infill your Rhino with steel mesh...attach anything to it then.

20220429_190718.jpg

20220508_124502.jpg

20220508_124448.jpg

20220508_124426.jpg

Also...do you have barn doors or tailgate? If a tailgate then you can't fit a spoiler without mods...

Cheers bud. The roller on the roof rack will hit the spoiler when the tailgate is open. I mounted my rack on the factory fit OEM roof bars so 1, i know they are warrantied against water ingress and 2, i could move the rack forward or back to accept the spoiler. The mesh works really well as i still found some items on the rack were capable of reaching the roof through the rack...hence the infill.

Really like this idea as well. @Dannyb6467 what mesh did you use? How did you fix mesh to rhino bars? I have similar setup with roller at rear but only 3 cross bars....

The mesh was 2nd hand from a local agricultural merchant, any weldmesh would do, and i have zip tied it for now....i have just got hold of some 6mm high density foam to put on top of the Rhino cross pieces to absorb some of the tinny'ness and im going to rivet some steel strip across the bars to hold down the mesh. Any strapping ect can be done direct to the bars and not the mesh.

Back