Rib Seat Bed (Altair) vs California seat bed on rails

Not had my rail and seats in long but best choice I’ve made. Cali seat with a topper very comfy, wife is 6ft 2 and we have a skyline roof no issues with feet on floor or roof height. Cali seat has different back angles it can be set at as well. More I’m in my van the more it makes me think I should of just bought a Cali

Not had my rail and seats in long but best choice I’ve made. Cali seat with a topper very comfy, wife is 6ft 2 and we have a skyline roof no issues with feet on floor or roof height. Cali seat has different back angles it can be set at as well. More I’m in my van the more it makes me think I should of just bought a Cali
Nooooooo, you’ve got the good bits of a Cali, but without the bad bits of it being a left-hand-slider straight-out-of-the-box run-of-the-mill California.

who fitted the rails and what was involved please?

Cheers for that...I’m currently trying to “source” some myself! How and where did you get your sliders and seat bed from if you don’t mind me asking? And we’re they brand new or from a breakers. And even more importantly...how much?

Cheers for that...I’m currently trying to “source” some myself! How and where did you get your sliders and seat bed from if you don’t mind me asking? And we’re they brand new or from a breakers. And even more importantly...how much?
Richard at Kernow Transporters there wasn’t much change from 6k just for the parts but prob could been a bit cheaper with swb rails and a different seat fabric. And they weren’t brand new

I'm planning on same combo of roof and R&R for my Kombi. Hilo roof booked in for October, then Reimo 3000 planned for new year.

My priorities are very similar to yours I think, young family so seating at the back (no rails) would be baaaad. Want the isofix option and properly crash tested for obvious reasons too. The Reimo seat was the only one that seemed viable for this particular combo of use cases that I found (apart from RIB which is too high with a Hilo).

Beware that the Variotech 300 does NOT lock for travel in the forward position in a SWB van. The variotech 3000 WILL lock in the forward position for travel but only if you get the more expensive bonded rail option (bolted rails only allow the positions adjacent to the bolts same as the 300).

The only major concern I have (barring the cost) is whether the roof height will be too low with the Hilo / 3000 combo as I've not managed to find anyone with the exact combination so far. Not a huge deal as it'll be kids in the back 99% of the time and they will be travelling in the forward position but would clearly be long term advantageous if the rearmost position was usable too.

*edit - didnt see this thread was from Feb.... ><!
I know this is an old post but I’m wondering how you’ve found the variotech 3000. We’re in the same position as you were (young family) we also have no need to install a kitchen or cupboards etc. Planning on a skyline roof next April but am keen to get the seating and rail system done ASAP. Are there any issues you’ve found with it?

Morning fellow T6ers. I'm having a hilo fitted right now and have a RIB 112 on order. Jason at Jaibow informed me when I dropped off my van to him about the RIB seat being particularly high and potentially an issue. Something that I hadn't realised. Due to covid I hadn't been able to test one in real life and instead just had to go for what I thought was the right option for us. Now a little worried, does anyone have any experience sitting in a rib / hilo combination? Any images people may have of this combo would be great? Also your opinions would be extremely helpful. Thanks. Mike

Depends how tall you are and the family. I have a Hilo sport fitted and a full size rib (Altair) fitted.

Attachments

• F54D88FD-5251-4810-8943-9FD0F9871D5F.jpeg
    F54D88FD-5251-4810-8943-9FD0F9871D5F.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 34
Yeah I gathered a no go for any reasonable sized adult sat in the back with roof down..

Back