RIB Vs Smart Bed

Adam D

T6.1
VIP Member
Hi All,

Looking to fit some 3/4 rear bench seats in the back of my day van.

Can’t decide whether to have RIB Altair 112 or Smart Bed Evo. Both are similarly priced and can have 2 ISOFIX points fitted as standard.

Opinions welcome.

Adam

Can you try sitting on them? I tried out a RIB at a show, and found it too high to reach the floor, and my head was against the ceiling, and Im not especially tall.

Can you try sitting on them? I tried out a RIB at a show, and found it too high to reach the floor, and my head was against the ceiling, and Im not especially tall.
Havn’t had the chance yet but I’m 6’1 so maybe a dealbreaker, may need to go and give them a test sit.

I have found that the RIB is a more comfortable seat due to the sculpting but the Smartbed is a more comfy bed IMHO. Check specs because I think the Smartbed is also quite high. Mine is a Smartbed Evo Rail which was a good value way of having a sliding system fitted.

I went with a rib 112. The seat is a bit on the high side, but not a problem for me. I'm 6'2'' and my head just rubs on the bed board of my poptop. Can't see it being a problem unless you have a low profile poptop like a hilo or skylo.

Cheers All, saw a SmartBed 2 (fixed) today and looked like a nice bit of kit, and I do fit even with the low pro roofline. Think I may have made my mind up even though they arnt the cheapest out there.

Havn’t had the chance yet but I’m 6’1 so maybe a dealbreaker, may need to go and give them a test sit.
They are high. Although neither mine or hubby's (6ft) head hits the roof, anyone sat in the back has dangly feet, which on a long distance is not comfy. We provide a stool :D

Back