Rib Bed With Underslung Lpg

Simon_k

Morning Guys,

Im new to this group but your group knowledge has been amazing so far! Thankyou!!

Im looking to fit a RIB bed 130 in the back of my LWB T6, however I also want to fit aa underslung LPG tank. I know that the LPG tanks usually fit in the space just infront of the spare wheel.... However im struggling to find any information on where the RIB bed bolts come through.

Will they interfere with each other? will it work?

Any information/pictures would be really appreciated!!

Simon

t5-t6-vw-transporter-underslung-lpg-vapour-gas-tank-system-fitted-6491-p.jpg

View attachment 52156[/QUOTE]
Morning Guys,

Im new to this group but your group knowledge has been amazing so far! Thankyou!!

Im looking to fit a RIB bed 130 in the back of my LWB T6, however I also want to fit aa underslung LPG tank. I know that the LPG tanks usually fit in the space just infront of the spare wheel.... However im struggling to find any information on where the RIB bed bolts come through.

Will they interfere with each other? will it work?

Any information/pictures would be really appreciated!!

Simon

View attachment 52156

Mine is only the 112cm long RIB but the strengthening plate & the bed bolts the conversion company fitted are well away from the Propex gas tank installation.

RIB bed steelwork plates (1).jpg
RIB bed steelwork plates (4).jpg
RIB bed steelwork plates (5).jpg

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Hello, I have a question about the same issue. The rib mount goes into the perfect space where the gas could go. It's a SWB van so that mount in the image above appears to be inside the spare wheel area? Is that right? Its currently raining (again) and I didn't drop the spare wheel this evening.

The frame is taller at that point so the bracket mounting closest to the floor is easier there. Thanks for the guidance. I only have the one bracket not the L bracket in the images above but I can mount it there with ease. Advice suggest 125mm back from the cross frame but I don't know where this will put the bed in the van above? Might need to do some careful measurement before piloting to confirm.

I found it best to open the bed in the van and position it correctly, then take corresponding measurements above and below the floor. Combe Valley Campers have a good video on it.

Back