How many underslung tanks

Captain Byrne

Hi all. My first post here on the forum so hello everybody but please be kind as I'll probably be asking some pretty stupid questions in the near future! Anyway, I'll soon be on the lookout for a T30 or T32 LWB panel or kombi for a camper conversion. I've had a T25 for over ten years so feel I've served a decent apprenticeship. I love my T25 but we're just looking for something a bit zippier & more reliable for longer trips abroad. Anyway, my very first question (there will be a thousand more) is; is it possible to fit an underslung lpg tank, an eberspacher heater and a waste water tank underneath? I've had a quick rummage on the forums but can't find anything, which makes me think it can't be done? Anyway, any advice welcome.

Oi, get back to 80-90!

I have a LWB T30 with underslung gas tank and have fitted a Webasto in the OEM position underneath. I have yet to find anywhere to fit a waste tank as yet though.

Hi all. My first post here on the forum so hello everybody but please be kind as I'll probably be asking some pretty stupid questions in the near future! Anyway, I'll soon be on the lookout for a T30 or T32 LWB panel or kombi for a camper conversion. I've had a T25 for over ten years so feel I've served a decent apprenticeship. I love my T25 but we're just looking for something a bit zippier & more reliable for longer trips abroad. Anyway, my very first question (there will be a thousand more) is; is it possible to fit an underslung lpg tank, an eberspacher heater and a waste water tank underneath? I've had a quick rummage on the forums but can't find anything, which makes me think it can't be done? Anyway, any advice welcome.
How does that song go? Oh yeah.... “Two out of three ain’t bad!” I suspect you won’t get all three underslung, but I could be wrong.

There was a space to the rear of the heater that could be utilized with some ingenuity but I had to use it for the ducting to the rear on mine and it was on the wrong side for ease of draining ( my sink being on the nearside).

Hey OBG, good to hear from you. I haven't got rid of the T25 yet so technically I've yet to commit an act of treason. Thanks for the reply. I guess most folk have gas bottles for cooking & put the heater & waste water underneath.

I went for a gas tank as I have a hob, oven and water heater to run off gas, if you only have a hob a bottle may well suffice.

Have you considered a Diesel hob like the Wallas XC Duo? It is also a heater so you can eliminate the need for the gas tank and gas heater installation.
Many advantages.

Hi, yes I've had a look at this. Not sure really. They take 15mins to boil a kettle & the hobs are tricky to adjust, so once they heat up they can't really simmer.

Too pricey!
He's from Glasgie - short arms long pockets!:laugh: ( my stepfather was Gorbals born and bred so have tacit permission to take the pee)

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Usually the underslung gas tank goes where most people fit the waste tank (in front of the spare wheel). CAK tanks produce side tanks but at least one can't be used if have a diesel heater underneath. @rod_vw i believe may have some further knowledge as i believe he has fitted the heater on the passenger side in the past.

Anyway, my very first question (there will be a thousand more) is; is it possible to fit an underslung lpg tank, an eberspacher heater and a waste water tank underneath?
I have a Propex heater underneath my drivers’ seat, the LPG tank ahead of the spare wheel well and a water tank down the offside cill. So it’s doable. And if you have a Euro 5 engine (without the Adblue tank underneath the passenger seat) then you can also fit something there (place your heater there if you’re converting it to a camper).

We have a Euro 6 engined T6. We went with the following (similar to Ads_Essex, perhaps):

Gas-it underslung tank in front of spare wheel with a remote low voltage switch (brilliant!);
CAK 205 freshwater tank under the mid driver's side with foot-pump and LED level;
Propex 1600 gas heater outside under the driver's seat (where the OEM diesel heater would go) - bespoke bracket and gubbins;
5 Litre waste tank inside.
We figured that it was simple to use a 5 litre bottle and dispose of that frequently rather than carry round lots of dirty water on the underside and no doubt forget to empty it... The CAK 204 doesn't fit if you've got a heater and the LPG tank is in the way of the other option...

This is the 3rd iteration for us:

T25: Camping Gaz bottle inside; propex 1600 heater inside; freshwater inside, hole in the floor pan for a bucket / bottle (waste water)
T5: Camping Gaz bottle inside; Eberspacher outside (noisy, smelly for neighbours); freshwater inside; hole in the floor pan again.

Might not work for everyone, but we are happy with the set up and the extra room inside (although we traded that for a loo now!). Not cheap but self-installing does help keep the costs down!

Still miss the T25, except when driving the T6! Nobody waves, but we get there quicker and in more comfort :)

Usually the underslung gas tank goes where most people fit the waste tank (in front of the spare wheel). CAK tanks produce side tanks but at least one can't be used if have a diesel heater underneath. @rod_vw i believe may have some further knowledge as i believe he has fitted the heater on the passenger side in the past.

Eberspacher under the left side front seat can be done pre Euro 6 but not after because of the AdBlue tank.

Thanks everyone - really appreciate your help. Ideally we're looking for a Euro 6 so will have to go for 'seewhy's' option but use the CAK 205 for wastewater and get an internal tank for freshwater. Pretty much what I currently have in my T25.

Do you really want to carry 20 litres of waste water? (sorry that's not meant to sound quite so 'challenging'!) We thought it would be a good idea too until we worked out the space benefits of small waste 'tank' (an old 5 litre washing up liquid container) under the sink instead of 20 litres of fresh water inside. Much easier to empty and keep clean too. If you could fit a 'cartridge' grey-water waste tank that might be a good option (so you can wash it out properly) but I didn't find anything suitable to fit the space outside.

The 205 tank has its outlet on the side at the bottom not the base, so 'swilling' it out might be a challenge... Maybe if you park facing uphill and run a mains hose into the sink?

Sorry, always trying to be practical... usually failing. We have (literally) spent years camping in our vans and so the little niggles become important!

It would be hard to get my shower to drain into an onboard tank without pumping so that would not work.

Back