Review: DAV-TEC

Mate this is very kind of you, I'm glad it gives the right impression. Workshop is having more work carried out as we've installed a staircase and creating a storeroom/R&D/ 3D Printing and laser area above the reception area.

We've got a pillar drill and a router table with table saw coming in the next 3 to 4 weeks (when I have time to collect it).

Our 3D printed A pillar builds are nearly finished with the first set printed and grafted on to some pillars ready for trimming. These will be availe on an exchange basis with your old A pillar trims provding are the clip locations on the back are undamaged we can even do these by mail order and to suit any set of speakers. Some of our competitors have stole the lime light a little and bought there's to market but we wanted our to be right. Ours will be on axis and will aid in getting you the best from your mids and tweeters.

But I digress, @Creamytash thank you for your very kind words buddy it's nice to hear customers feedback and the fact we're moving in the direction of our goal.

Cheers
Chris

20231030_122722.jpg

20231030_122731.jpg

Mate this is very kind of you, I'm glad it gives the right impression. Workshop is having more work carried out as we've installed a staircase and creating a storeroom/R&D/ 3D Printing and laser area above the reception area.

We've got a pillar drill and a router table with table saw coming in the next 3 to 4 weeks (when I have time to collect it).

Our 3D printed A pillar builds are nearly finished with the first set printed and grafted on to some pillars ready for trimming. These will be availe on an exchange basis with your old A pillar trims provding are the clip locations on the back are undamaged we can even do these by mail order and to suit any set of speakers. Some of our competitors have stole the lime light a little and bought there's to market but we wanted our to be right. Ours will be on axis and will aid in getting you the best from your mids and tweeters.

But I digress, @Creamytash thank you for your very kind words buddy it's nice to hear customers feedback and the fact we're moving in the direction of our goal.

Cheers
Chris

View attachment 218377

View attachment 218378
These will be popular.......

I hope so lol. I'm not CNC trained in any way and taught myself how to do 3d modelling on fusion and how to use the 3d scanner I have to interact and cut away the correct profile so took some time! :slow rofl:

Also forgot to mention ours will also be about 40 to 50% cheaper than other well known, strong social media presence companies (you know who I mean). Quality is up there when we've done them and yes they don't have Gucci grills etc but like I've said our on axis and mass loaded etc so sound epic without the £950 price tag

Can’t wait to get my set fitted. The sound in my van will be what I can only state as fully surround sound.

Roll on November.

Hi @Dav-Tec can you do these a pillar to suit just one hertz Mille pro 25.3 I believe tweeter to sit in nice and proud should I say, ready to be covered in suede by customer?

Thanks

Possible. So no midrange? A-Pillar builds usually are do e for a 3 way system

I have a signature form absolute 5 so the midrange is in the doors, I have the hertz in doors aswell for midrange all powered by an audison sr5.6.

I’d quite happily add the pod you have built and add another but I don’t thing there’s space on the amp I could be wrong

Depends what setup you have buddy

Always wanted pillar builds.........i got quoted £800 with no speakers and me supplying the material. And that was on exchange basis too but obviously i declined lol

Always wanted pillar builds.........i got quoted £800 with no speakers and me supplying the material. And that was on exchange basis too but obviously i declined lol
I can guess who that was from @Pewt as I had a similar quote too.

Basically £800 for labour and R&D. :oops::oops::oops::oops:

I can guess who that was from @Pewt as I had a similar quote too.

Basically £800 for labour and R&D. :oops::oops::oops::oops:
If you know, you know lol

I get they are labour intensive but the cost is silly. TBH i'm not even sure they look that good and almost like a box stuck on....maybe better in the flesh.

If you know, you know lol

I get they are labour intensive but the cost is silly. TBH i'm not even sure they look that good and almost like a box stuck on....maybe better in the flesh.
Not my cup of tea either. Prefer to be able to see the speakers, each to their own I guess.

If you fit top of the line speakers why hide them :rolleyes:

First finished A pillar covered and test fitted in a van we had in. We're really pleased with them hope you all are too!

They'll be available in 3 alcantara colour choices. Once booked in it will be around a 1 week turn around from us recieving yours to you recieving them in your hand.

We're looking to offer these at £499 Inc return shipping and not including speakers.

@Texxaco has already reserved the set in the pictures and will be on display for us at Camper Mart in February.

20231101_155328.jpg

20231101_155333.jpg

20231101_155343.jpg

20231101_155343 (1).jpg

20231101_155348.jpg

20231101_155404.jpg

20231101_155418.jpg

20231101_155421.jpg

20231101_163056.jpg

20231101_163100.jpg

20231101_163104.jpg

20231101_163048.jpg

Last edited:
A week or so ago I had occsssion to call in and visit at the new DAV-TEC base near Bolsover Chesterfield to consult with Chris on an electrical issue. I had been to his 2 previous units but not to this one, his newest place.
Well wow, how impressive it is - and clean is an understatement, it is somewhere between 'Clinical & Surgical'. The interior decor is freshly painted and will stand next to any dealership with a dedicated customer access door leading to a waiting room lounge area furnished with clean sofas/chairs, flat screen tv, drinks making facility, free wifi and a large, spacious, clean toilet which complies fully with the DDA in respect of wheelchair access and safety/suport hand rails. Chris has really gone to to town on these premisis so that if you have travelled a long way to have work carried out that will take a few hrs the waiting lounge is a home from home where you can be clean, comfy, warm and do any work related stuff on your lap top as you wait, watch tv or stretch out on a sofa and have a snooze. I haven't mentioned the workshop area yet - which is off limits to customers under H&S regs but I was given a tour because the workshop was empty of vehicles at the time. The workshop is equally as clean and clinical as the customer access and waiting area. A brand new 4 poster hoist has been fitted. I have had various aspects of work carried out on my own van by Chris at DAV-TEC over the last couple of years at his previous premises but I was so pleased to see how Chris is developing his business and clearly going from strength to strength. I have also found that DAV-TEC places great emphisis on customer service and satisfaction which must be succesful as most of his work comes to him via word of mouth and reputation.
Well done Chris(DAV-TECH) I was impressed mate, your are clearly a force to be reckoned with in your particular field of expertise.
Creamytash(Dave Ross - Nottingham)
I must learn to spell DAV-TEC correctly
(slap across my knuckles).

I picked up my new T6 102 van yesterday morning and love the wagon already, though it was as Chris perfectly described "gutless" when trying to overtake or accelerate on the motorway. This was evident in my first 130 miles down from the dealer in the North East. @Dav-Tec Chesterfield was handily placed off the M1, so Chris kindly slotted me in for a remap. I wasn't after pace just a smooth motorway driver with a bit of take up when I needed it. Phenomenal results over the next 220 miles, and to me as a layman, even more car like to drive now and feels more 'modern and capable' in traffic.To the technically minded we have more torque and up to 175bhp. Thanks Chris I would definitely recommend you and your work. Nice to meet @Drive Wayne too

This is good to know, my 2019 High line is great other than the fact that there is very little response when you put your foot down at 60mph and upwards. I though I could live with it but I’m finding it more and more frustrating. I’ve been holding off having a remap mostly due too the weak 5 speed box stories doing the rounds. 175bhp sounds an awfully big jump from 102.
Having read lots of good things on here about Dav-Tec I think I need to have a chat with them, it’s a bonus that they are only 3 or 4 junctions up the M1 from me too.
I’m assuming yours is a 5 speed, I find it’s a bit buzzy on the motorway, I feel like I’m wanting to change into the non existent 6th all the time!
Obvious the remap won’t help with the gearing, but would you say it helps deliver a more relaxed feel?

This is good to know, my 2019 High line is great other than the fact that there is very little response when you put your foot down at 60mph and upwards. I though I could live with it but I’m finding it more and more frustrating. I’ve been holding off having a remap mostly due too the weak 5 speed box stories doing the rounds. 175bhp sounds an awfully big jump from 102.
Having read lots of good things on here about Dav-Tec I think I need to have a chat with them, it’s a bonus that they are only 3 or 4 junctions up the M1 from me too.
I’m assuming yours is a 5 speed, I find it’s a bit buzzy on the motorway, I feel like I’m wanting to change into the non existent 6th all the time!
Obvious the remap won’t help with the gearing, but would you say it helps deliver a more relaxed feel?
Yes it is a 5-speed and is definitely more relaxed. I did not request a big jump in bhp that was the outcome from data logging. Chris will take you through a short 'before' data logging drive and the exact same 'after' to compare results and make any minor tweaks. It will alleviate the challenges you are experiencing

Back