Reversing camera alignment

johnny

Hi,
I wonder if it's normal that my projected path doesn't follow my steering wheel when the reverse camera is activated. It remains straight.
Is this normal?

Yes this is normal VW only make a static line camera for the T6

Does anyone else’s rear camera show the part of their number plate? I don’t seem to remember mine did before

43625A68-385C-4013-9102-E4D2396B01A2.jpeg

I'm intrigued that the picture you posted shows the proximity sensor display as transparent.

On my T6 the display initiates with the proximity sensor display obscuring half of the camera view. Every time I engage reverse gear I have to touch the display to hide the proximity sensor display and view the otherwise obscured left hand side of the camera view. I only ever use the camera and the audible warning sound from the proximity sensors.

Is the initial view mode configurable to show the full camera view, or even as in your picture, to start up with a transparent view of the proximity display?

I need to know this, too. The reversing camera screen view is fine on our T6, which has a fairly large display - but we have a Caddy Life, too. This has a smaller display and I specified the reversing camera as a factory-fit option.
The overlay for the reversing sensor has to be switched off by tapping the screen, every time. Most annoying!
Can it be altered (vcds?) so I just get the reversing camera screen without the overlay?

Sorry I’ve no idea how it’s like that, could have been altered before I bought it.

I seem to remember the plate was not visible before though, hey ho.

Thanks

I only noticed mine was like this on Sunday evening, I climbed out the van and went to see if I could adjust it as if never seen it like that before (Neither had the wife)

I don’t know what I think I have been seeing for the last month then,
Obviously observation is not one of my strong points :whistle:

While my van was being converted I had a reversing camera fitted by a third party. Unfortunately I have now found some issues with the install.

The main issue is that the guidelines don’t line up with the wheels. See below photo where I have placed some wood aligned to the outside of the wheels (also realised that the wood is bowed to the point of being useless!)
18B2D626-4555-483E-A524-32C4B4D62A4C.jpeg

Additional issues are that the image is of a car and the settings and graphics menus don’t seem to work.

The camera is also extremely loose so I can swivel it by hand. As I could do it I checked to see what the effect of this was. I managed to get it to line up at the far end of the lines by doing this

FA32D6A3-71BE-443F-AEC6-43943C0C9A97.jpeg

Not great and still does solve the issue that you are trying to aim the vehicle based on where you think the wheels are.

I’ve checked a few threads and seems people with similar issues may have just gone back to the installer and so I have emailed them and am awaiting a reply but he is based in Hull and I’m in Hertfordshire so that’s going to be an issue. In the meantime if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

It’s a Nav TV system I have found out today and the installer says the fix for the phantom front sensors is to turn off the rear PDC sensors and remove the image. I’m not sure I’m happy with that solution as I have seen many solutions on here that look pukka and I paid a lot of money for this on the understanding it would look factory.

The alignment issue can be adjusted so that should be simple to resolve.

Back