Retrimming A Pillar Covers

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Question for those who've retrimmed their own with the imitation suede (Milano/alcantara). Did you cover them with the fabric direct or did you put a layer of foam underneath to even out the surface?

I don't sodding believe my stupidity. After asking for and receiving advice on this, I eventually ordered the material convinced that the advice I'd had was the opposite of what it was - without checking this thread again until it arrived. I'm now the proud owner of a roll of NON foam-backed Milano :( Oh well, I'm just going to have to give it a go and order the other stuff if it looks crap. What an idiot.

I don't sodding believe my stupidity. After asking for and receiving advice on this, I eventually ordered the material convinced that the advice I'd had was the opposite of what it was - without checking this thread again until it arrived. I'm now the proud owner of a roll of NON foam-backed Milano :( Oh well, I'm just going to have to give it a go and order the other stuff if it looks crap. What an idiot.

I wouldn't worry, I never use foamed backed Alcantara when trimming, it can cause quite a bit of a head ache when it comes to concave curvature. Worst case and you want that extra thickness you can get some 3mm scrim foam and glue that on first. but for A pillars I wouldn't bother.

Back