[Resolved] T6.1 Cab Headlining Console Removal

DubHaus

Indium Grey T6.1 T32 Highline Kombi - WIP
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi All, im trying to remove the cab headliner from my 2021 T6.1. Plenty of how to’s for earlier models but I’m stuck!

A and B posts off, sun visors and clips off, grab handle off, 6 screws removed from centre console but it’s still not moving!

I’m assuming I need to remove the plastic surround before the entire thing comes down?

AA555B01-6527-43F0-AE8E-4045FF05B95F.jpeg

Any help appreciated :thumbsup:

@Loz Many thanks, I think I've already removed those two? It looks like the facia for the console needs to come off and there's a further mounting plate behind but I'm lost!

Hi folks could anybody please explain to me how to get the plastic console out of headliner with out breaking the two clips closet to aux heater an sos section? I have removed the 6 screws an can get the clips off at both sides but even when trying from front but closet to aux heater bit I always seem to break one of the two clips!!! So frustrating. Has to be a way to get front bit off as shown in picture with out breaking clips??
Thanks in advance guys

3F69B96A-2976-49D8-8F13-57C7035CF8C1.jpeg

Hi, It’s very tight! Start at the front near the windscreen and work your way back. Gently pull the headliner over the two clips at the front first. That’s how I did it :thumbsup:
D6C71C61-D8B1-41A4-AD8C-18233039261D.jpeg

Thanks for all for the input on this thread, it helped out greatly.

ONE thing that I don't think I saw mentioned and easily overlooked if youve come from say a T5 or T5.1

The airbag warning light sits in this console. Dont forget if you disconnect it dont turn on the ignition to find an ignition live unless youve got access to a tool to reset the airbag light. :slow rofl:

I had mine out to place a remote for our automatic gates into the panel. It was very tight, I have no idea how others have managed to push it out.

Back