Replacement stereo with parking sensors and android auto?

Stevee_p

Hi, I've been looking at options for a replacement stereo. I currently have the basic t6 stereo, and the Bluetooth is deactivated at factory annoyingly, but other than that it does the job for me. I especially like the parking sensor display.

Ideally I want android auto, Bluetooth, dab and the parking sensor display, but the priority is the parking sensor integration and Bluetooth. What would you recommend that doesn't break the bank?

Thanks

There's a lot knocking around out there, the main question is do you need the parking sensor display? That could add a few quid on to get the harnesses that allow you to do that

Well, need it? No. But I like it, I often use it to get as close as I can when reversing, so I think I'd miss it

Hi, I've been looking at options for a replacement stereo. I currently have the basic t6 stereo, and the Bluetooth is deactivated at factory annoyingly, but other than that it does the job for me. I especially like the parking sensor display.

Ideally I want android auto, Bluetooth, dab and the parking sensor display, but the priority is the parking sensor integration and Bluetooth. What would you recommend that doesn't break the bank?

Thanks
The best bet is the Kenwood dmx8019dab and 8020dab, as they have the direct port on the back for Vw parking sensors, though you still need the correct interface, wireless Apple CarPlay/android auto, capactive screen. Dab,

we can supply all units as a plug and play solution

The best bet is the Kenwood dmx8019dab and 8020dab, as they have the direct port on the back for Vw parking sensors, though you still need the correct interface, wireless Apple CarPlay/android auto, capactive screen. Dab,

we can supply all units as a plug and play solution
OK, and when you say the correct interface etc, what do you mean by that?

@Stevee_p.If you know for certain that your current system has got bluetooth but it's disabled, you might find that it can be enabled by either a VW dealer or an independent. If it can be done, the price might seem expensive for what amounts to them pressing a few keys on a laptop but it would probably be a lot less than a new head unit which does the stuff that you want. Personally, I've already decided to go the Kenwood route with Absolute 5 as and when Covid measures permit (assuming that I can get to the right price!).

Last edited:
@Stevee_p.If you know for certain that your current system has got bluetooth but it's disabled, you might find that it can be enabled by either a VW dealer or an independent. If it can be done, the price might seem expensive for what amounts to them pressing a few keys on a laptop but it would probably be a lot less than a new head unit which does the stuff that you want. Personally, I've already decided to go the Kenwood route with Absolute 5 as and when Covid measures permit.
I did get vw to look at it under warranty, as I thought it was faulty. They spotted on their computers that it was disabled as part of the factory spec which is very frustrating but the van was sold to me as having Bluetooth, so they are covering some of the cost of putting it right.

...but the van was sold to me as having Bluetooth, so they are covering some of the cost of putting it right.
In that case, I'd be pushing them to pick up the whole cost and not just 'some'. Sounds to me like they misled you in the first place.

In that case, I'd be pushing them to pick up the whole cost and not just 'some'. Sounds to me like they misled you in the first place.
Well, they are, but there is a limit, understandably, and so I'm shopping around to see what the best product is. I've seen the travelin lite one that looks nice and is a great price, but wanted to see what else is out there.

Well, they are, but there is a limit, understandably, and so I'm shopping around to see what the best product is. I've seen the travelin lite one that looks nice and is a great price, but wanted to see what else is out there.
Does not have dab, single fm input, T6 has 2, front usb, so will be a hassle to retain the dash mounted one

Back