Replacement door seals - images!

kombisnaps

T6.1 Kombi
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all

Does anyone have any images of their front door seals once replaced?

Just doing my drivers door but it looks completely different to the OEM?
Seems to have a lot more rubber over the interior trim now / for example on B pillar) - or should this extra flap be under the trim?

I’ll get some images up soon to illustrate - just walking the dog…

I hate trim with a passion

Edit - trims are from vee dub

Okay update - seal is in but I can’t get the A pillar trim to clip back in properly and it’s stopping me from clicking in my air vent fully…. Any ideas?

okay so images galore for you.... A pillar trim doesn't seem to want to come across to sit alongside dash side.
And now side of heater wont fully clip in at the top..... So this whole section is now a bit janky. IMG_6600.JPG

IMG_6598.JPGIMG_6599.JPG

Also one last note is I've cut the door seal 2mm short - is this going to cause an issue with water ingress? Having a MARE today

IMG_6601.JPG

Not sure about all the other stuff, but if it’s literally 2mm short then I’d be adjusting it so it’s not pushed quite so far into all the corners. Soon get 2mm back.
Nice one will try wiggle it down from the corner above if there is any kind of water ingress tomorrow. Got a pretty long drive so will find out

When I took my tailgate one off to do the carpet lining it had a gap when I put it back, so I reckon I jammed it into the corners tighter than the original factory fit, so I did just that, loosened the corners and that was three years ago.

Back