Renogy DCC50S woes

I’ve grounded that to the unit on the negative stud
Would it be better direct to the earth stud ?
thanks
So its ...

Aux battery neg --》charger ground stud --》 body ground seat stud?

That should work provided it's a fat enough cable

Though if you was doing it they book the battery would have it's own ground direct to body ground.

Yes that’s it Dell
All in 16mm2
I’m going to install it again in the morning following the sequence in the manual one more time and see if anything changes
Thanks a lot Dell

The only other thing is to test it outside the van.

Ie, jump leads and a spare battery to bench test the unit.

Is it bought locally? . . Warranty with the supplier?

Amazon Dell
I’ve registered the warranty with Renogy but won’t hold my breath with customer service !!

looks like you had 14.7 from the ALT going in.

where was your ground probe reference?

it looked like you had 2x green LEDs, (so Aux battery 100% full)

what was the Aux battery voltage?

is there a difference when the temp sensor is removed?

have you tried running a load off the Aux battery, like a tyre inflator or something to drop the voltage down to see it it kicks in?

Hi Dell
Aux battery was 12.4 yellow led changed to green as soon as I connected the starter battery.I used the earth next to the starter battery as per vw recommend, temp sensor plugged and unplugged with no change
I’m going to try an old battery later this week to see any difference.
I’m beginning to think i’ve fried it by repeated charging from the alt+ and the solar panel and having no load on the aux batttery to deplete it but time will tell
Thanks again for your input Dell

hmm, was going to suggest try a different battery if you had one.

keeping the battery 100% full should be fine and not cause a problem.

i think id like to see a big load on the battery and drop the voltage down . . . at that point the Aux battery light should go RED and the unit start delivering more current.

provided the battery and cable can carry the current.

Hi Dell
Been in touch with Renogy who said a few faulty units from early manufacture had been released into the EU market.They were initially for the US ,my unit has one of the affected serial numbers so they have offered a refund or replacement so I’m pleased with customer service.Martin has asked on the forum for feedback on the company which I will do when I have received the replacement
Thanks again for your help

Hi Dell
Been in touch with Renogy who said a few faulty units from early manufacture had been released into the EU market.They were initially for the US ,my unit has one of the affected serial numbers so they have offered a refund or replacement so I’m pleased with customer service.Martin has asked on the forum for feedback on the company which I will do when I have received the replacement
Great news.. how did you deal with customer service?

Via email?

Hi Dell

Oh no! Glad you are getting it sorted.

Did they say what the range of serial numbers were?

Mine is X001143F63

Was this all resolved now?

New unit?

Hi Dell
Yes all sorted and to be fair their customer service was very good considering it was all email
It ran really well and then I sold the van to buy a newer one just as the prices went barmy !!
I’m now waiting for a reasonably priced TSI
Kombi !

Back