Removing Tailgate Glass

Sharpe

Petrol power
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’ve got a PV with non tinted heated glass. I want it in limo tint privacy glass, but don’t like the effect of tinting with the little gaps around the heater elements and dots around the edge. How easy is it to remove the factory glass and install aftermarket limo tint glass? Any special tools required?

Also thought of running a high powered reversing light to utilise the feed to the heater element and convenient dash button - would this be feasible?

This is something I had done. Camper Glass was recommended for the limo glass by VGC as I have a wash / wipe...
I had a recommended local glass replacement company sort mine. I only like decent tradesmen touching my stuff!
Anyway, they used the cheese wire technique, being careful not to touch the surrounding paint. You can buy the wire on line if you’re a DIY’er... YouTube is useful.

Ok so did the same with a Merc Van in a car park in York.....doh....but now with T6 got my wife to make a material cover in blackout black and fix with velcro, really neat job and looks good, and if needed you can go back to OE.....

Back