Removing chrome grille trim on T6.1

Hi.

I’ve checked some other threads but I can’t seem to find the technique for removing the chrome grille trims - specifically on a T6.1. Hi have some new blue ones I want to add.

I’ve tried a trim removal tool and credit card but I can’t seem to get them off. I don’t want to force too much in case I damage the grille.

I also removed the 3x clips and plastic screw at the top - I hoped I could pull the grille forward but it doesn’t really move.

Anyone help? Thanks.

I did the same - bought coloured inserts from VeeDubTransporters together with their set of plastic Trim Removal Tools (best £3 I will probably spend on the van!)

It wasn't too difficult to prise off the chrome trims once I got started but I completely destroyed them in the process even though I took it slowly, {shrugs shoulders}, they were going in the bin anyway. On the top (narrow) ones I found starting on the outside was best, once you've got the tool between the strip & the main grille it was just a case of working along inch by inch. On the bottom sections I started at the badge and worked out.

Hope that helps

IMG_5598.jpeg

I would say they are not designed to come out from the front (without breaking)
Ideally they need releasing from behind to get them in one piece

Cheers. Will have another try today. I don’t mind if the chrome ones break, was just worried about breaking the grille itself. Will post back once done.

Hello! I’ve got a Transporter T6.1 with a plastic black bumper (called Startline in UK I think). Is the chrome trim also removable on these bumpers?

Hi Guys!
Can you tell me how to remove grille trims?
I used knife of one of the trimme and i broke the hook:( and with others i dont want to make the same

thank you in advance
Bests
Michal

Hi all, is there a video or any advice on removing the upper grill trims on a 6.1? Ordered some new ones and need a heads up for removing the old trims, Thanks

Hi Guys!
I used knife of one of the trimme and i broke the hook:( and with others i dont want to make the same

thank you in advance
Bests
Michal
Did you get a reply pls

Hi Guys!

thank you in advance
Bests
Michal
There are clips at the rear that need to be released to remove without damage. Not easy to complete with the grill on the van (at least on my T6)

Pretty sure it's been covered before many times. Try searching for a more detailed description of how to do it.

I took mine off last week to paint. Didn't take bumper off and only 1 clip broke. We applied a bit of heat and they came off with trim removal tools. The driver side, we took off 3 times as damaged the paint when putting them back on.

bit of a late bump but just fitted some to mine (looking swish)

quick Q though (I have THQ ones) - anyone else notice the wider trims dont seem to 'sit' in the VW badge recess? Mine seem to foul it a bit? Not majorly bothered but wondered if anyone else has this on theirs?

I'm wondering if I need to force them in a tad? Or if this is just how they sit? They seem a bit easy to prize off at the bottom so wondered if I haven't fully got them in?

IMG_6778.JPG

IMG_6781.JPG

Back