Removal of dash USB/Aux-in socket

Hobbo

Hope someone can help with this- I was having problems with the USB socket connected to my Pioneer head unit. The female USB was loose, when I took the plastic plate off the USB cable came out completely and is stuck somewhere in the dash. I can just about see it, but no end of fishing, shouting, swearing is helping me hook it out. Is there a way of getting behind the socket without removing parts of the dash?

Hopefully the photo will make more sense- the hole is where the female end of the USB has fallen back into. I hoped to fish it out and then hot glue back into the plastic switch unit. ALso, anyone know what the white cable is for? It wasn't connected to anything.

PXL_20221018_123653843.jpg

The white cable would have been the original usb connector from your OEM headunit. I guess that who ever fitted your pioneer has glued/clipped an after market usb socket to your original face plate.

Quickest access would be to remove the glovebox. Unclip the plastic cover in the foot well. 4 torx screws along the top and 3 underneath then pull the glovebox out towards you. it pivots along the bottom edge.

Hi,

I successfully replaced the touch screen digitaliser the other day, had no problems accessing and getting the head unit out.

But while I was at it I wanted to remove the usb for carplay from behind its panel so I could just route a lightning cable under the head unit and out of one of the blanks ont the drivers side.

But I couldn’t push or prise the panel out from where hand could reach - can anyone suggest if there’s a better way to get to it please?

B5F504F9-EFCB-4F9B-BE96-8364A553AF80.jpeg

Mine comes out with a trim tool pushed into the gap at the bottom and levered. Comes out pretty easily.

Great, I did try all round, but I’ll not worry about trying a bit more now ;-)

Thanks.

Back