Removable Towbar

And yes prob 90% of failures are prob down to the user but I’d say better safe then sorry, when I had my Range Rover I had issues with the removable bar and there was a load that failed in the land rover brand, there was horse boxes come off all over the place!

Ooh that's filling me with confidence, cheers.

I've never had a removable one before and did wonder about the loop being on the neck.
Good thing is I don't have 2 tons of horses twitching about in my trailer !

OEM fixed one has a separate loop for the security cable.
T6_towbar_safety_loop_b.jpg

Ooh that's filling me with confidence, cheers.

I've never had a removable one before and did wonder about the loop being on the neck.
Good thing is I don't have 2 tons of horses twitching about in my trailer !

Just move your break away cable and your be fine, I also lower the jockey wheel and raise the bk of the van slightly so I can see it’s all nice and locked on

wow that looks bloomin close ! We are looking at buying a caravan and having a detachable tow bar. I am concerned about seeing how close yours is as I don't want to damage my bumper hitching it up !!

My has hit the bumper a couple of times and hasn’t damaged it, just need to take care

When it's straight on its fine, just at near maximum reversing it's close. I'm fitting a motor mover when the caravan is in for it's first service.

When it's straight on its fine, just at near maximum reversing it's close. I'm fitting a motor mover when the caravan is in for it's first service.

Make sure you go for power touch! There after sales is superb

Make sure you go for power touch! There after sales is superb
I have a story about that !
A professional will install it at your home (part time fireman turns up in an old beemer) absolutely no issues with these, best in the market (we don't have the Hymer kit fully ready, yours is the first)
I ended up telling the fireman to leave it and I would do it, cables pushed in to the battery terminals, wires all over the place and no chassis blocks to lock it in place (your Hymer caravan has a thicker chassis and they won't fit over the additional plates I have too)
Idiots, all sorted now though, good job I know what I'm doing and have a pal that owns an engineering shop.

Motor mover, "best thing ever invented" said my wife, I think she was referring to the shouts of WHICH WAY, HOW CLOSE AM I NOW ? ! even hitching up is a breeze

Back