Remapping Insurance Costs

Shaun Witts

Ski Bus
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’m just renewing my insurance through Just Kampers, and I asked about the cost of including a potential remap within the quote. However, they are unable to give a price for that, until it has actually been done.

So my question is: What is the usual insurance cost increase for a remap?

To be more specific, I have a 204 TSI, and will get a Pendle remap to about 300bhp (I believe). The Just Kampers insurance is through AXA.

Thanks for any advice guys.

@Shaun Witts I just went with JustCampers last month, and got the same response. But during my extended enquiries before settling on them, I asked the other contender, Brentacre, about the cost of a Revo re-map on our 102ps T6 (which takes it to @170ps apparently) and after checking, they confirmed that there is no increase for a Stage 1 re-map, they just need to be notified!

Just Kampers (along with Hayburner, etc) are only a front for Herts Insurance Consultants (HIC), which are a sister company of Adrian Flux.
And after personal experience, I wouldn't touch Flux with a barge pole.

@Shaun Witts I just went with JustCampers last month, and got the same response. But during my extended enquiries before settling on them, I asked the other contender, Brentacre, about the cost of a Revo re-map on our 102ps T6 (which takes it to @170ps apparently) and after checking, they confirmed that there is no increase for a Stage 1 re-map, they just need to be notified!

Same here
No extra charge with Brentacre

Andy

Back