The 20-26 day rule seems to work

My van is due in the next 3 weeks with Brentacre just waiting renewal, think I’ll phone them tomorrow.
Fingers crossed.

John.

My van is due in the next 3 weeks with Brentacre just waiting renewal, think I’ll phone them tomorrow.
Fingers crossed.

John.
I called Brentacre yesterday as I hadn't had my renewal through (due 7th Nov) and they said that the underwriter (Markerstudy) hadn't offered a renewal, and therefore they couldn't currently cover me. They said it was flagging my occupation (sound engineer) but it's never been an issue before.... Just read on another thread that someone had the same issue (no invite to renew) with Markerstudy but through A Plan. @Rioja John how did you get on?

They said it was flagging my occupation (sound engineer) but it's never been an issue before....
You probably need to get creative with adjusting your employment category. I was advised years ago that the entertainment industry had a high loading.
I used to work in offshore oil and gas which also has a high loading. I adjusted my employment to surveying which wasn’t a mis-truth and found it beneficial.

I called Brentacre yesterday as I hadn't had my renewal through (due 7th Nov) and they said that the underwriter (Markerstudy) hadn't offered a renewal, and therefore they couldn't currently cover me. They said it was flagging my occupation (sound engineer) but it's never been an issue before.... Just read on another thread that someone had the same issue (no invite to renew) with Markerstudy but through A Plan. @Rioja John how did you get on?
Brentacre told me that my Ins isn’t due until 17 th Nov and I’ll get my renewal on the 3rd Nov but they couldn’t tell me how much.

John.

Markerstudy have a terrible reputation, best avoid.
I had a fault bump in Dec21 had only owned my van a month and Markerstudy were brilliant they sorted other driver and repaired my van a few weeks later (van still drivable) and my following years renewal was only £50 more.

John.

This happened to me too. Brenacre (Markerstudy) would not renew this year. The reason I was given was that the valuation was too high for a vehicle being kept on the road. They said MS had ’over-insured’ and were looking to cut back.

A Plan confirmed the same saying Markerstudy have put a limit of 35K on cars kept on the street.

I went with Adrian Flux in the end.

I’ve just renewed with Howdens (formerly A-plan) a week ago and the underwriter remains Markerstudy.

I was advised by Howdens that my insurance was due for renewal soon. My premium increased £50 with no changes other than one more year NCD. I renewed 20 days before expiry.

My van is a fairly heavily modified TSI, valued on the insurance certificate/paperwork as £45k. It’s parked on permit-only street parking in Winchester. It just has the factory fitted immobiliser and alarm.

Reactions: CAB
I fail to see how Landrover (mainly Range Rover) thefts should impact anyone except themselves. I think this is much more to do with the crappy electric car market and their ridiculous of repair. I don't want one and I certainly DON'T want to pay for people who do have them, to get theirs repaired.
We should be more vocal about this matter and make it known that we are not happy.

My van and the Peugeot 107 have just had a renewal notice of £790 with no changes to circumstances. I'm bloody fuming, the guy on the other end of the phone said his best offer was £30 less, are you kiddin me?

Bloody rip-off, still angry. :mad:

I fail to see how Landrover (mainly Range Rover) thefts should impact anyone except themselves
That's the principle of insurance I'm afraid - the pooling of resources and the sharing of risk.

I fail to see how Landrover (mainly Range Rover) thefts should impact anyone except themselves. I think this is much more to do with the crappy electric car market and their ridiculous of repair. I don't want one and I certainly DON'T want to pay for people who do have them, to get theirs repaired.
We should be more vocal about this matter and make it known that we are not happy.

My van and the Peugeot 107 have just had a renewal notice of £790 with no changes to circumstances. I'm bloody fuming, the guy on the other end of the phone said his best offer was £30 less, are you kiddin me?

I know there are some Range Rover owners getting quotes of many thousands of pounds for Insurance, while my van insurance recently went up but it's still less than £380 fully comp which indicates that the high risk vehicle owners are being forced to pay far more, quite rightly. I'm not sure if it's the same for EV's, which pose their own challenges when involved in a collision, but it ought to be.

Reactions: CAB

My mates iPace has been attempted knicked three times and actually stolen once. He got it back a few weeks later with the rear end interior half dismantled. Tracker was dumped around the corner from his house. Kingston-upon-Thames

After shopping about online and on the phone, I'm sorry to say that LV are still the cheapest quote by a long shot (£250 plus my wife's car is on the LV insurance) so it looks like I'm staying with them.
In fairness, LV and the NFU are the best insurers in thee UK, by a mile. I was a contracts manager for a long while, dealing with household insurance claims and organising the works, LV and NFU pay out on the vast majority of claims and are pleasant to deal with (for the client too), whereas a lot of other companies argue the toss over every little detail, many claims were repudiated and not accepted at all (this includes many household name companies).
Cheap insurance isn't cheap if they won't pay out when you need them to...

I've been with LV for a while now on multicar, only needed the windscreen side in anger.

One tip I've found is it's always worth doing a new quote and not just renewing your existing policy, even if you want to barter with them. If nothing else most years I've got a non trivial amount of cashback (£70 last year, £30 this year) and most times I've got a discount as an existing member as I do the quote before my policy runs out.

I've been with LV for a while now on multicar, only needed the windscreen side in anger.

One tip I've found is it's always worth doing a new quote and not just renewing your existing policy, even if you want to barter with them. If nothing else most years I've got a non trivial amount of cashback (£70 last year, £30 this year) and most times I've got a discount as an existing member as I do the quote before my policy runs out.
Just FYI the insurance industry were recently instructed by the watchdog, to offer the same deals to existing customers as are available to new customers. This wonderful news was dressed up as "we have decided to offer all our customers the same wonderful deals" and not that they were TOLD to do so, but what else would you expect? :rolleyes:

Just FYI the insurance industry were recently instructed by the watchdog, to offer the same deals to existing customers as are available to new customers. This wonderful news was dressed up as "we have decided to offer all our customers the same wonderful deals" and not that they were TOLD to do so, but what else would you expect? :rolleyes:
Just means new and existing customers will get the same, higher price now. The law of unintended consequences applies.

It's also only the same price per sales channel - you can still be offered different prices direct, through comparison sites or over the phone - so long as new and existing customer are the same in that channel.

So still worth looking around.

Ok so I’m 24 days away from renewal

Just spent 45 mins on the phone to my first name on the list: Howden (A Plan)

Waiting on agreed value confirmation, but quoted £449 which is actually cheaper than I paid last year (Just Kampers conversion policy with market value), & 6k miles (I’ve done less than 3k since owning the van)

Now, can I bothered to call another company just for comparison :sleep:

Back