Remap by CustomVanz

I have a 102 five speed, euro 5
I already have it remap, but it’s a really poor remap
The torque isn’t controlled very well at all, in 3rd 4th and 5th above 1500rpm it try’s to put too much power threw the fly wheel and causes it to vibrate
I know it’s there so take it steady with the power, gently ease threw the excess power band
Luckily we don’t use it a lot , but it needs sorting to make it even more enjoyable to drive

This is why the indecisiveness on a new remap, wanting to get it right this time so to speak
Andyf I’m in a similar situation.... I have a euro 6 102 that has already been remapped, but I don’t have any details about the remap and to me it just doesn’t feel right.... so this Thursday I’m having a Pendle remap at Leighton Vans.... I’ll let you know the outcome!?

I had my T6 102 Euro6 2019 remapped with a Pendle remap - the difference was very obvious on my drive home this morning. I did air concerns about REVO pulling their remap but Pendle reassured me that they map within the tolerances making the remap safe. Obviously it's early days but very happy with the remap. I had it done over at PRT Vehicle Solutions in Royston. If you're thinking of a remap then Paul gets my vote.

Well it’s took me two years to decide but at last with Olis advice and help I’m going for the REVO remap
Cheers Oli

Andy
Hi andy, my t6 102 is exactly the same, to much torque and flywheel vibration, I'm in Scotland, no pendle agents up here but some revo, would be good to know how you get on mate

Mike.

Had the Pendle remap done at Leighton Vans yesterday.... very impressive place, friendly staff and a very professional setup with some lovely vans!
I arrived early for my appointment, but that wasn’t a problem.... Adam took my keys and they got straight on with it.... and I’m sure within an hour it was done!
I drove home to Leicestershire from Rotherham down the M1 and it felt good, nice and smooth, but I wanted to drive to and from work today on roads that I’m used to.... A roads, country roads and dual carriageways to really compare how it felt.... and the Pendle remap gets a BIG THUMBS UP from me.... it feels much smoother through the gears with a much smoother power delivery.... before the Pendle remap my van had an ‘unknown’ map that I always felt was a bit ‘snatchy’ and aggressive (rough around the edges), but I’m happy to say that my van now feels a lot more drivable, so I’m happy and would recommend Pendle!
Cheers, Matt

Hi andy, my t6 102 is exactly the same, to much torque and flywheel vibration, I'm in Scotland, no pendle agents up here but some revo, would be good to know how you get on mate

Mike.

@Mikejee
Had my REVO remap this morning, well what can be said other than what a total different drive
As you know had a poor remap on which was poor,
Steve at Statler performance Sheffield (thanks Oli and Paul Wallace at REVO for recommending) flashed the old remap off and took the van back to VW 102BHP Stock, 40 mins later job done
Steve took it out for a spin came back and got me to test drive
All the way through Steve was pleasant and well informed about the tune, explaining what he was up to and what to expect of the remap
The REVO chip doesn’t seam as powerful as the poor remap but delivers it totally different, previously in first and second revs soon ran out quickly having to change gear pretty quickly, now it seams to rev through for longer
Third fourth and fifth no problems no fly wheel rattle just a constant band of torque

Time will tell on fuel consumption, but a big yes to REVO

Andy

@Mikejee
Had my REVO remap this morning, well what can be said other than what a total different drive
As you know had a poor remap on which was poor,
Steve at Statler performance Sheffield (thanks Oli and Paul Wallace at REVO for recommending) flashed the old remap off and took the van back to VW 102BHP Stock, 40 mins later job done
Steve took it out for a spin came back and got me to test drive
All the way through Steve was pleasant and well informed about the tune, explaining what he was up to and what to expect of the remap
The REVO chip doesn’t seam as powerful as the poor remap but delivers it totally different, previously in first and second revs soon ran out quickly having to change gear pretty quickly, now it seams to rev through for longer
Third fourth and fifth no problems no fly wheel rattle just a constant band of torque

Time will tell on fuel consumption, but a big yes to REVO

Andy
Glad you got yours sorted mate. After further investigation it seems mine has the revo superchip, I've spoke to one of the agents up here and he assures me it's all good but offered to take a look once they are open again, a very helpful guy and very knowledgeable as you would expect, anyway this has put my mind at rest. Thanks for your reply buddy.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Stick with it pal,if it,s REVO it will be worth it
Steve at Statler was good with me and explained the in,s and out,s very well
Shame your not passing Sheffield
Let me know how you get on, but when fitted correctly it’s a different van to drive

Andy

I have a 2016 140 DSG I have a DTUK box and like it but it can make it drop gears quite quick at times which my wife doesn’t like.
Would a remap be smooth on the DSG and how much more power could I get.
I don’t need a F1 car and also don’t won’t to be at the petrol station every 5 mins.

Yes. A remap is far more smooth than a dtuk box. You can get the gearbox mapped too which will help massively as well.

What power can you get whilst keeping it nice and smooth do which remap would be best for what I’m looking for. I can see my DTUK box coming up for sale

So how much is the DSG gearbox map as well and will that mark it smoother as well

So how much is the DSG gearbox map as well and will that mark it smoother as well
Really interested in selling my DTUK as I have a revo dealer a couple of miles from me.
Couple of things does it depend how it’s set up that determines how it perform Or is it just download and no other set up required?.
Will I also still have the delay when accelerating on the DSG or will I have to have that tuned as well to get rid of it.
Will it be ok for towing so keeping it smooth.
Cheers

Back