Reimo Roof Straps Fraying Webbing

ollybeat

hi, we've got a newly converted t6 with a reimo roof but after only a few outing the roof secure straps are fraying at the edges and it's a challenge to thread through the grip catch. Bodans recommended burning the material and squeezing with hands and is a problem with all roof webbing. Any thoughts on remedies or alternative options?

Same as Bodens recommend, had to do mine, only once though as it's never frayed again after I melted the ends and squashed with a pair of pliers whilst still hot. Now very easy to thread through

Same as Bodens recommend, had to do mine, only once though as it's never frayed again after I melted the ends and squashed with a pair of pliers whilst still hot. Now very easy to thread through

Thanks for tip. Got to get on the pliers ! We were on the road so was a bodge job. I reckon it's a Dragons den product after the £3k cost the roof, they cheapskate the straps!

hi, we've got a newly converted t6 with a reimo roof but after only a few outing the roof secure straps are fraying at the edges and it's a challenge to thread through the grip catch. Bodans recommended burning the material and squeezing with hands and is a problem with all roof webbing. Any thoughts on remedies or alternative options?

I cut at an angle with a very sharp pair of scissors then go along the edge with a match -it 'seals' the end, though after a while even that frays. If you hold the match too long though it melts a little too much i.e. too thick to enable it to pass through the buckle so $immo may have the perfect solution.

Can't believe such an expensive roof is to me let down by a basic design flaw - i'm sure they could coat the strap end so it doesn't frsy.

Worst case you can buy replacement straps.

Back