Hi Drama Lo Quality Roof - Sinking In The Surf

Cheers all, @seewhy @Farnorthsurfer @Andyf.
Keep telling myself things will improve. And to top things off just when I was starting to manage to deal with the mental health issues that the roof caused, my sister had a near fatal accident, smashing 19 bones including two vertebrae and 3 breaks in her pelvis, and two brain bleeds. So a rubbish time and just waiting for that light at the end of the tunnel to come into view. Only problem being I think that light might be VW H4 units!!!!!
@DaveyB - really sorry to hear about your troubles!!!! I'll be keeping everything crossed that your sister gets better and returns to full health!!! Re the Van - despite all of the machismo on here - it is just a van. It can be fixed and sorted out when you have appetite to take it on again. Family first and my best wishes to you!

@DaveyB - really sorry to hear about your troubles!!!! I'll be keeping everything crossed that your sister gets better and returns to full health!!! Re the Van - despite all of the machismo on here - it is just a van. It can be fixed and sorted out when you have appetite to take it on again. Family first and my best wishes to you!
Thanks

I think this sorry tale about Hi-Lo roofs enforces what I have always believed: Things can always go wrong, but what is important is how they are put right.
Hi-Lo quite clearly have a very arrogant disrespect for customer service. This will not stand them in good stead. Maybe they will learn the error of their ways before it is too late.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, new to the t6 forum but not Vw I’ve had a bay for years now. I don’t have a t6 I have a t5 but this topic relates to my issue with Hilo and thought I’d drop a line.

my Hilo surf was fitted in April 2019 after seeing the 12days of xmas offer on their new surf roof.
What a fecking mistake this has been. I have had nothing but issues, booking date in- time scales- staff ringing me crying- faulty roof- recall- hole now in canvas- rear hinges lifting away from the bodywork.

all I want to know from reading this topic is what route have others gone down with them.
my roof was fitted by Hilo at Preston but they just don’t care, you don’t get a response, and the quality of this product is awful.
I would say it looks as if it’s been on my van 15 years it looks that tatty.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, new to the t6 forum but not Vw I’ve had a bay for years now. I don’t have a t6 I have a t5 but this topic relates to my issue with Hilo and thought I’d drop a line.

my Hilo surf was fitted in April 2019 after seeing the 12days of xmas offer on their new surf roof.
What a fecking mistake this has been. I have had nothing but issues, booking date in- time scales- staff ringing me crying- faulty roof- recall- hole now in canvas- rear hinges lifting away from the bodywork.

all I want to know from reading this topic is what route have others gone down with them.
my roof was fitted by Hilo at Preston but they just don’t care, you don’t get a response, and the quality of this product is awful.
Sadly there are too many companies that don’t realise that poor quality and poor customer service are the easy way to bankruptcy.

I was going to have one fitted but to be honest, the bad reviews have stopped me. I appreciate some are quite happy with their roof and i suppose it is in part down to the fitter. However, I am not willing to take that chance, parting with over 4k and having no end support.
Is it not possible to take them to the small claims court? Take pictures, write down every conversation / phone call you have had to rectify the issue. I once did that with an expensive caravan cover and was successful. Yes, had to attend court.....but they would probably give in before that or wont attend court. If they dont attend....you win.
If it was me, I would be on with it immediately.
Whatever you decide, good luck.

Reactions: DPS
I’ve been lucky with my Sport, but if I had these kinds of issues I’d be straight round to the MD’s house and make it clear how u happy I am and what does he plan to do about it.
I was going to have one fitted but to be honest, the bad reviews have stopped me. I appreciate some are quite happy with their roof and i suppose it is in part down to the fitter. However, I am not willing to take that chance, parting with over 4k and having no end support.
Is it not possible to take them to the small claims court? Take pictures, write down every conversation / phone call you have had to rectify the issue. I once did that with an expensive caravan cover and was successful. Yes, had to attend court.....but they would probably give in before that or wont attend court. If they dont attend....you win.
If it was me, I would be on with it immediately.
Whatever you decide, good luck.

You may be talking about the Sport, the issue above is with a Surf, the former has had a much longer period of production and most issues have been resolved except the inconsistency between fitters.

I’ve been lucky with my Sport, but if I had these kinds of issues I’d be straight round to the MD’s house and make it clear how u happy I am and what does he plan to do about it.

You may be talking about the Sport, the issue above is with a Surf, the former has had a much longer period of production and most issues have been resolved except the inconsistency between fitters.
Yeah @Insert Coin , I am talking about the sport personally but relevent to the post above, as it appears that the customer service in general is poor and there are still ongoing issues with the sport. You are right though, it is most likely the fitting. My initial experience with Hilo was a visit to their Preston workshop. I asked for them to get back to me with a price and they couldnt even be bothered to do that even after multiple email requests. They must not need the business??
The annoying thing is I was all supportive of the Hilo but not willing to gamble my money.
They look so smart, its such a shame.
I am waiting to see what the Skyline Skylow will be like.

Sounds depressingly familiar, I feel your pain - it is probably very similar to mine, which is ongoing. I'll be in touch with you directly to discuss... Not sure a public forum is the place to discuss legally privileged information.

Back