Reimo Rail End Cap Fell Off.

Mine's come loose twice and there's a horrible looking big black blob under it where it was stuck down and which won't come off unless I get more aggressive with it (which I'm reluctant to do). This time, I used some epoxy just on the bit that slides into the main rail and then added some gaffer tape, to secure it but also to cover a potentially sharp edge of the rail where the two bits meet. It seems secure enough at the moment and I have it in mind to just keep an eye on it. There's a guy round the corner from me who only had his rail fitted a few week ago and the same part came off on his first trip away in the van - I'm amazed that Reimo haven't come up with a better method to fix it.

Are you talking about the entire back-end? Mine's just the cap that's come away from the mounting.

See what I mean about looking 'unfinished'?

View attachment 46828
Hiya, I know your post was a while ago but mines is the same and I just wondered if you had success in sticking the cap back on and if so what did you use? Sika 221 was mentioned but its not the part attached to the van metal its just the top of the end cap so not sure if a flexible adhesive is right for the job.

20221029_104103.jpg

No I didn't. I tried a relatively strong double sided tape but the cap fell off a couple of weeks later somewhere along the A303. I haven't tried any sikaflex, I've just got used to seeing it look unfinished.

When I had something done to my van a while ago, the bloke noticed it and offered to stick the end cap back on with some super epoxy stuff that he had. At first I was reluctant but then agreed. I now wish I had followed my instinct as the effing thing has now come loose again and it's left behind a horrible white blob to replace the horrible black blob that was there from the time before. I've now fixed it again with gaffer tape - at some point, I'm going to have to be brave enough to take it off again and try to get the white blob off but I'm terrified that won't end well for the clearcoat.

Back