Reimo Rail End Cap Fell Off.

Teesix

T6 Guru
The little plastic cap at the end of the roof rail came off at the weekend.

It appears to have that double-sided tape stuff to hold it on to the roof.

Can someone recommend what I can use to stick it back on again please?

Ta very much

When I fitted my Reimo rail, the end cap didn't fit properly and the groove didn't line up with the groove in the rail, so I never fitted it.
The rail works fine without the end cap, and I think it looks better without it, I just made sure there were no sharp edges to the end of the groove to snag on the awning strip.

When I fitted my Reimo rail, the end cap didn't fit properly and the groove didn't line up with the groove in the rail, so I never fitted it.
The rail works fine without the end cap, and I think it looks better without it, I just made sure there were no sharp edges to the end of the groove to snag on the awning strip.

Yeah, I can leave it as it is but, I kind of like the 'finished' look.

@Teesix I'm in your camp and think they look better finished, My Reimo multi rail end cap is attached with the supplied double sided tape and that is backed up with a stainless self tapping screw.

Last edited:
Mine fell off both side and I stripped the tape off, which was a bitch of a job and put some new 3m tape on. Never budged since

Mine fell off both side and I stripped the tape off, which was a bitch of a job and put some new 3m tape on. Never budged since
I'd go with @Lord Mfwic recommendations with the 3m tape, other options are messy or involve bodywork holes ( sikoflex or self tappers like mine) at the end of the day the end cap takes no or very little weight anyhow.

Same here. Mine fell off after only a couple of uses. It not lining up didn't really help.

Tiger Seal black adhesive was recommended to me to stick it back on. But as @Skinnysye says, very messy.

Mine came off with the first attachment of the awning at CJ. I was looking at sikaflex but may now go down the 3m tape route. Thanks gents.

Just wanted to share... For anyone else looking for replacement end caps, I bought these from S+S. They're only £5. They aren't rubber (solid plastic) but are a perfect fit. You will need some tape or something to stick them.

Back