Fiamma F45s and Reimo rail?

Cog Head

I’ve done some serches, but can’t seem to find an answer to this.

We’ve finally got our T6 internal conversion completed, so now attention turns to the exterior.

Can I have the Fiamma F45s mounted to the factory roof bar mounting points and have a reimo rail? Or do they clash?

We will use the Fiamma for weekends away in fair weather, and a driveway for longer stays away, I really don’t want to be messing around taking the Fiamma on and off depending what we’re doing.

I want to know if I can have the f45s permanently attached to the van with Fiamma brackets, then also have a reimo rail fitted to the van to fit the driveway awning to

I want to know if I can have the f45s permanently attached to the van with Fiamma brackets, then also have a reimo rail fitted to the van to fit the driveway awning to
No, you can't use the awning slot for a drive away as the Fiamma brackets cover it front & back. However you may want to check if the F45s has a slot in its front rail that will do the same job.

Yes that is right about the Reimo rail becoming obstructed by the brackets:
IMG_1271.jpeg

There is a rail on the Fiamma to use:
IMG_1272.jpeg

But there is quite a gap between the Fiamma and the van if a proper awning is used:
IMG_1273.jpeg

The Reimo rail is an excellent rain gutter and not much rain should come through the gap, but the Fiamma certainly compromises the use of a proper awning.

I'm sure I've seen something on the forum about Fiamma making an infill for the gap, which is worth a bit of research.

Thanks guys,
Very much appreciate your time in replying with photos and links.
It looks like the Fiamma is going to be used to attach the driveway to.
I think the price of that flap is worth it when you get one of Spain's biblical rain storms pass over.
The saving we will make on not fitting the reimo rail will off set the cost of the Fiamma piss-flap

That flap paid for itself at the T6F summer meet last year, gosh did it ever rain! Also the Fiamma pro support middle bit earned its keep too! Toys worth having!

Our driveway awning a Kampa Touring Air LH, fits beautifully on the F45s when retracted with a 4/6mm double kador strip, bit of a pig to put up but that is why they are called a divorce maker isn't it! Fortunately last time was at Autumn camp and one certain Mr Dellmassive was there to give me a hand while wifey was working!

Another valuable tip there!
Rafter prob has made its way into the “NEED” list
I think I should buy shares in Fiamma before I sell my sole to them.

I’m fortunate enough to have spent a long time in the scouts, we used to race pitching tents, something I still do to this day, and because of that, I’m a black belt superstar Jedi a pitching tents, Charlotte just watches and laughs at the state I get myself into racing against nobody :p I can’t help it, it’s like telling a dog not to piss up a lamppost.
I also like pitching up in a corner watching watching others struggle and shout at one another, I do eventually offer help, but only once one party has walked away.

Back