Regrets, I don't want a few

What I really wanted was a Cali Beach without the lift up roof but VW did not make them and I did not want A velle with the extra seats.

Could you not have got a Caravelle and just sold the extra seats?

Although having a spare bed upstairs is quite handy :)

Think long and hard go to the shows look at other people's conversion ideas, will save you in the end I've learnt the hard way,plenty of nice vans on here to get some idea of what you can achieve.
Thought I was happy with my kombi and 2+1 rear seats so leathered full trim , then I went to the show and seen a seating plan I really needed .
so£1200 pound mistake:( hopfully will get a descent price for them.now I'm going down caravelle rails and caravelle triple bed seat,
I fancy a set of leather seats, how much you thinking and what do they look like?

Thanks Alan

You can order it with a 3-seat bench or 2-seat bench (and storage box)
Gave it some thought and went for the three seat but the other was a good contender]

Could you not have got a Caravelle and just sold the extra seats?

Although having a spare bed upstairs is quite handy :)
Would have come out as expensive.
"O" yes when my snoring gets too much my wife has bed she can go to upstairs :rolleyes:

What I really wanted was a Cali Beach without the lift up roof but VW did not make them and I did not want A velle with the extra seats.

Which you can get by going to a conversion company. Take a look at Uberbus for example, you can get a beach conversion with the seat on rails.

We are over the moon with our conversion so rather than regrets, let me add a few "I'm glad we....."

I'm glad we got the Cali seat on rails. Makes life so much easier - seat can be pulled right up behind front seats when travelling which means kids are right behind us (like in a car) and you can load the luggage behind.
I'm glad we got an eberspacher overnight heater
I'm glad we got single captains seats and that both swivel (some conversions only swivel passenger)
I'm glad we got a dimmer switch on the lighting
I'm glad we spent the money and got the SCA roof.... proper feels like a great bit of kit
I'm glad we got DSG
I'm glad we got the Vango Kela airbeam awning

If I'm pushed.....
I wish I'd have got front parking sensors
I wish we'd got a 7 day timer for the eberspacher
I wish I'd have kept it standard without the airride and alloys

IMO, this is why lists are great(long but great) your able to keep reviewing the list and adjust before setting it in motion..
Alot of ppl jump in with two feet, but then have to go back to redo something that may have been avoided with alittle more planning and consideration.
I have 6 current lists, which has changed daily depending on my day-dreams and vision for what I want..

Often find myself, jotting down an idea to work on later.. blooming nightmere..

Nothing, no mod! Is worth getting into debt for! Regardless of how good it looks.
Omg 6 current lists:eek: and how is that box of t6 spare parts looking is it sitting next to the t5 spare parts box :rofl:
Joking apart your van will look amazing with all your crazy ideas coming together:thumbsup:

Omg 6 current lists:eek: and how is that box of t6 spare parts looking is it sitting next to the t5 spare parts box :rofl:
Joking apart your van will look amazing with all your crazy ideas coming together:thumbsup:

Mate, it is crazy..
1 - Internal electrics
2 - Internal accessories
2.1 - internal layout living
2.2 - internal work
3 - external accessories
4 - Vag
5 - Camping
6 - Running kit

T6 - spares (misordered).
Scuttle plate.
Battery cover.
2 x bulbs.
2 x Seat covers.

I have @Pauly helping me now with correct parts, he'll tell you that its crazy too.. lol.

Mate, it is crazy..
1 - Internal electrics
2 - Internal accessories
2.1 - internal layout living
2.2 - internal work
3 - external accessories
4 - Vag
5 - Camping
6 - Running kit

T6 - spares (misordered).
Scuttle plate.
Battery cover.
2 x bulbs.
2 x Seat covers.

I have @Pauly helping me now with correct parts, he'll tell you that its crazy too.. lol.
A man after my own heart. It's amazing how similar your list is to mine, only I have split external accessories down further to include wheels, bilsteins, rear spoiler, and a ? next to windows over the rear panels.

A man after my own heart. It's amazing how similar your list is to mine, only I have split external accessories down further to include wheels, bilsteins, rear spoiler, and a ? next to windows over the rear panels.

Ha, funny.. I had that but thankfully there off the list..
B14's - 13th April
Spoiler - done.
Quarters - done.
Alloys - one set done, one set in progress

2 main things working on at mo..

Back