Refitting front grille badge

kentishman

Evening all
Please can someone give me some tips on refitting the front grille badge on a T6.1?
The old one fell off because the clips were broken (not my doing!)
I have a replacement, which i assumed just pressed into place - but the bottom clips on the badge don't catch properly and I wouldn't trust it not to come off again.
I googled, and that suggested taking off the front grille to get access to the mount that the badge clips to - but as far as i can see from lifting the bonnet, the fixings for the grille aren't immediately obvious
Can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance

On the T6 you have to take the bumper off the remove the grill from the back of the bumper. You could remove the 3 fixings along the top of the grill maybe to get access to the back of the grill (applies to T6 at least) that might be enough. I have an aftermarket grill and badge that didn’t fit well, the supplier recommend fitting the badge first pushing hard with the back of the grill supported. I still could get it to fit!

Evening all
Please can someone give me some tips on refitting the front grille badge on a T6.1?
The old one fell off because the clips were broken (not my doing!)
I have a replacement, which i assumed just pressed into place - but the bottom clips on the badge don't catch properly and I wouldn't trust it not to come off again.
I googled, and that suggested taking off the front grille to get access to the mount that the badge clips to - but as far as i can see from lifting the bonnet, the fixings for the grille aren't immediately obvious
Can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance
Is it a genuine one? They should just clip on nice and easy...

Is it a genuine one? They should just clip on nice and easy...
it is genuine.
i think it’s the mount it goes onto which is the problem. Top part is solid and badge clips on fine, there’s some movement at the bottom, which i’m guessing means irs not located properly, and i cant get the badge to catch

On the T6 you have to take the bumper off the remove the grill from the back of the bumper. You could remove the 3 fixings along the top of the grill maybe to get access to the back of the grill (applies to T6 at least) that might be enough. I have an aftermarket grill and badge that didn’t fit well, the supplier recommend fitting the badge first pushing hard with the back of the grill supported. I still could get it to fit!
is bumper removal have not googled that yet). i couldn’t identify any suitable fixings on the top

I recently changed the front badge on my 6.1...wasn’t exactly easily as the clips are strong and I wanted to be careful not to break or mark anything, but in the end it just unclips and clips back in and fits quite tightly....

Before taking the front end off, is it perhaps worth checking that there aren’t any bits of the old badge still stuck in the slots/clips?

Beyond that it sounds like the solution might be to remove the front end

Did you have any luck with this?
I had the same problem when fitting the replacement badge. The mount got pushed into the grille and now provides no resistance to clip the new badge onto.

I don't want to have to take the entire bumper off to fit a badge

Did you have any luck with this?
I had the same problem when fitting the replacement badge. The mount got pushed into the grille and now provides no resistance to clip the new badge onto.

I don't want to have to take the entire bumper off to fit a badge

I did! When you open the bonnet there are 4 (i think) clips that hold the top of the grille. Some people seem to think you can gently bend the grille and get your arm down - which for me would be massively optimistic without breaking my arm or the plastic.

The simple, invaluable piece of advice a converter gave me was to slide something like a thin piece of wood (2"x1") down the gap onto the back of the mount, and use that to push the mount so it doesn't move when you press on the badge.

Worked like a dream. And our van no longer looks like it's been raided by the Beastie Boys

I did! When you open the bonnet there are 4 (i think) clips that hold the top of the grille. Some people seem to think you can gently bend the grille and get your arm down - which for me would be massively optimistic without breaking my arm or the plastic.

The simple, invaluable piece of advice a converter gave me was to slide something like a thin piece of wood (2"x1") down the gap onto the back of the mount, and use that to push the mount so it doesn't move when you press on the badge.

Worked like a dream. And our van no longer looks like it's been raided by the Beastie Boys
Thanks for that I’ll give it a go!

I have exactly the same issue as you have had, my badge will clip back at the top but not the bottom of the mount which seems to have gone inwards. I really hope this solution works for me too! Thanks

Back