VW front grille back plate damaged.

iaina2505

Good evening everybody. Apologies if this question has already been posted.

I am looking for some advice. I tried (unsuccessfully) to change my front badge on my VW T6. The very rear backing plate is now damaged (pictured). Is this an item that I can purchase online and if so does anyone know where I could purchase. Lastly does anyone know how I should remove the upper part of the grille to refit? Does the whole grille need to come off? Wish I never started this.

Thanks for your help.

20231221_161215.jpg

20231221_161155.jpg

What’s wrong with the grille emblem base looks ok .. if it’s not creating a push fir with the badge .. use a bit of sealant to ‘hold’ it on .. if you need to change in future it will still be removable .. the whole Centre grille will need ton be changed otherwise

Effectively the majority of the right hand side isn't secure. The back plate looks like it will come off but I just can't seem to find one online. It's as if the clips are broken at certain points.

The vw sign itself now won't clip in securely. I would need sealant again to secure this in place. Any advice on what sealant is suitable?

Thanks again

I'd try and get the back plate back on properly with superglue rather than sealant, and then hopefully the new vw badge will click in properly

Effectively the majority of the right hand side isn't secure. The back plate looks like it will come off but I just can't seem to find one online. It's as if the clips are broken at certain points.

The vw sign itself now won't clip in securely. I would need sealant again to secure this in place. Any advice on what sealant is suitable?

Thanks again
I had a similar problem when I changed to a gloss grill, I couldn’t get a black badge that fitted perfectly all the way round. I bought some black CT1 put a couple of blobs on it and it’s never moved. Easily get a Stanley blade through it if I ever changed my mind.

I had a similar problem when I changed to a gloss grill, I couldn’t get a black badge that fitted perfectly all the way round. I bought some black CT1 put a couple of blobs on it and it’s never moved. Easily get a Stanley blade through it if I ever changed my mind.
Good man. Thanks for the advice.

Back