Recon CFCA

AndyR1983

Hi all, I'm currently having the headache of trying to get my engine sorted. Does anyone know where I can find a reconditioned CFCA? And get it fitted in the North East?

Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Andy

I know Resto Resus in Somerset source and fit them often. Can’t help with their source of engines but may be worth calling them.

Darkside don't deal with recon. They do a crate replacement at 11k. The dealer I got it from is footing the bill so I have to look at the recon route. The only one I've found close is reconmyengine which is Lancashire but their reviews are 50/50. Once it's sorted I will be visiting Darkside to blank the egr off. Thought I was going to get lucky and get the egr changed before any major issues. Guess not 33k and its already done.

Hi all, I'm currently having the headache of trying to get my engine sorted. Does anyone know where I can find a reconed CFCA and get it fitted in the North East?

Andy
There is a Facebook group for the cfca engine owners and the issues they have experienced, guess there will be wealth of information on engine exchanges

Darkside don't deal with recon. They do a crate replacement at 11k. The dealer I got it from is footing the bill so I have to look at the recon route. The only one I've found close is reconmyengine which is Lancashire but their reviews are 50/50. Once it's sorted I will be visiting Darkside to blank the egr off. Thought I was going to get lucky and get the egr changed before any major issues. Guess not 33k and its already done.
You’ll find that Darkside will only blank the egr and code it out if you have a dpf delete which includes their complete downpipe so it’s expensive and will not pass an mot.
Speak to Dav-Tec.

There is a Facebook group for the cfca engine owners and the issues they have experienced, guess there will be wealth of information on engine exchanges
You can’t join it anymore. Mines been pending since January

Darkside don't deal with recon. They do a crate replacement at 11k. The dealer I got it from is footing the bill so I have to look at the recon route. The only one I've found close is reconmyengine which is Lancashire but their reviews are 50/50. Once it's sorted I will be visiting Darkside to blank the egr off. Thought I was going to get lucky and get the egr changed before any major issues. Guess not 33k and it’s already done.
Resto Resus supply and fit crate engines as far as I know. Are you looking for a business to remove, recondition the engine on site and refit? Do they still exist? I read somewhere iirc a business saying it’s not worth reconditioning on site as it costs at least as much a buying in a crate motor which is ready to fit.

It is between the engine reconditioned on site or a reconed engine. I've got a company (VASSTECH) up here who could do the swap so I just need an engine. I'm looking at about 4k for engine, egr and labour.

FYI I have had the EGR blanking plates and then remapped out on mine. Same engine map used on mine as supplied to Dav-Tec I believe from reading his web page. Had the DSG map done at the same time.

Hi all, I'm currently having the headache of trying to get my engine sorted. Does anyone know where I can find a reconed CFCA and get it fitted in the North East?

Andy

Mind me asking what version egr you had fitted and symtons of failure? 33k miles is low

Did you remove DPF and has it passed MOT in molded state. Does the DSG make a difference?
Don’t need to touch the DPF. Mot due in Sept so we will see. Shouldn’t be an issue. Engine and DSG map done together. Throttle response was markedly noticeable. Hard to say about DSG apart from coasting function has gone.

Rob1978 prefix A egr and the oil consumption is only symptom that has shown up.

CarreraRSR that's good to hear. If I get the engine sorted I will look at the tunes. Need to talk to the dealer I got it from and tell them that I may have underestimated the job. Contacted Resto Resus and they said their recon engine is 3k so beware the one I've found for 1800. Think I may end up having to get a refund at this rate.

Rob1978 prefix A egr and the oil consumption is only symptom that has shown up.

CarreraRSR that's good to hear. If I get the engine sorted I will look at the tunes. Need to talk to the dealer I got it from and tell them that I may have underestimated the job. Contacted Resto Resus and they said their recon engine is 3k so beware the one I've found for 1800. Think I may end up having to get a refund at this rate.
Thanks, I bought mind like yourself unaware of the potential issue. Mine had 26k with rev d, i blanked and fitted a Tafmet at 28k and hoping I have avoided issues. Hope you get sorted with a new engine or refund. So far I have no oil consumption and it pulls well fingers crossed.
PS everything I've read Retro Resus are garage/ people to talk to and sort out these engines

Last edited:
Your dealer should be prepared to payout for circa £7-8k replacement engine. That’s my understanding of average costs. Some more, some less. Potential turbo damage as with engine and will need replacing. Potential DPF damage if too much oil went through it. Both high ticket items.

Get some oil out of the engine asap and send for oil analysis. Order direct from Millers Oils. Their response on aluminium in the oil will be conclusive if aluminium oxide has cause premature wear of the bores and the excessive oil consumption. On that note, how much oil is it using?

Back