Recommendations DC/DC With Solar Control

8o8

Hi

I'll be getting myself a DC/DC charger to replace the current smart relay set up soon. As the first step before i go solar, ideally i'd want one with a built in MPPT solar controller, so was wondering if any one has any recommendations as to what to get? Been looking at the CTEK D250sE (or A?)

Any reviews/tips welcome

Cheers

I bought the CTEK250SE to do what you're after as recommended by @travelvolts. Easy to setup but I've not wired anything into it yet. Waiting on some parts.

Hi guys I see your discussing the CTEK 250SE, I’m looking to install a leisure battery and have been looking at the LifePO4 style battery and using the CTEK. I’ve been looking at the instructions online and I’m not sure where the battery select cable should attach? It says on the literature if using a Li-ion battery it should go +12v? Does this mean it attaches to the + on the battery? I understand the second strand of this cable goes to an Ignition live fuse that I assume I can piggy back off any such fuse in the fuse box? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance

Hi guys I see your discussing the CTEK 250SE, I’m looking to install a leisure battery and have been looking at the LifePO4 style battery and using the CTEK. I’ve been looking at the instructions online and I’m not sure where the battery select cable should attach? It says on the literature if using a Li-ion battery it should go +12v? Does this mean it attaches to the + on the battery? I understand the second strand of this cable goes to an Ignition live fuse that I assume I can piggy back off any such fuse in the fuse box? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance
I would say yes. Don’t connect it to ign live otherwise if you have solar then your battery will be charged at the wrong voltage when the ignition is off.

I had a Ctek 250 already fitted,ripped that out and installed Victron smart Orion dc/dc charger,so much better.Easier for setting up & monitoring Li-ion batteries with your phone over Bluetooth to,as per the pic0A07B3FC-9DA5-46F9-8C1C-C913E7D5BD0E.jpeg

Hi

I'll be getting myself a DC/DC charger to replace the current smart relay set up soon. As the first step before i go solar, ideally i'd want one with a built in MPPT solar controller, so was wondering if any one has any recommendations as to what to get? Been looking at the CTEK D250sE (or A?)

Any reviews/tips welcome

Cheers
I’m using CTEK 250sa...works well..the beauty for me is it’s got the ability to control solar input, so no need to buy solar panels with controllers...but I’m waiting delivery of Victron smart stunt 500 and brought a kewtech kt203 clamp meter so I can check input and monitor the battery....unlike a lot of you guys my 2 x 150w panels will be stand alone not permanently fitted until I get on site....but as far as Li-ion batteries new ballgame ...will look at once this AGM battery is dead:thumbsup:

Back