Recommend A Campsite Near A Good Dog Friendly Pub

Chopman

Sold
T6 Guru
When we go away, especially for one or two nights, it's always nice to have a pub nearby for a drink or an evening meal. However, I always seem to find it difficult to track these down.

Can we all share our experiences here - location, campsite and pub ideally.

Chichester Camping and Caravanning Club Site is very close to the Travellers Joy pub
Good food and dog friendly.

When we go away, especially for one or two nights, it's always nice to have a pub nearby for a drink or an evening meal. However, I always seem to find it difficult to track these down.

Chichester Camping and Caravanning Club Site is very close to the Travellers Joy pub

Golden cap holiday park
Seatown Dorset
The anchor inn 200mt down the road dog friendly
Beach 250mt
Says no dogs on beach but everyone takes their dogs on it
And some great walks

Rutland- just spent a night here Wing Hall clicky

which I thought was a good site but the kicker is the local pub

The Kings Arms Inn (Clicky website doesn't do it justice) which is literally stumbling distance (has it's own smoke house for cured meats )

top quality food (although expensive for some, myself & my better half spent £80 in one evening), guest beers a selection of hand made dog treats behind the bar extremely dog friendly a+

Last edited:
just spent a night here Wing Hall clicky

which I thought was a good site but the kicker is the local pub

The Kings Arms Inn (Clicky website doesn't do it justice) which is literally stumbling distance (has it's own smoke house for cured meats )

top quality food (although expensive for some), guest beers a selection of hand made dog treats behind the bar extremely dog friendly a+
Love Wing Wall and the Kings Arms is excellent. You also have the licensed cafe on the camp site but opening is a bit random. We can't visit anymore though as our younger dog is "bird obsessed" and would spend the whole time chasing the circa 200 free range chickens that wander around the site.

Somewhere else to try in the area is the Caravan and Motorhome affiliated site at Greetham - 2 very good, dog friendly pubs in the village; the Plough (more traditional pub food) and The Wheatsheaf (more upmarket food). We prefer the Wheatsheaf.

A bit further afield, but in the same general area, is Rural Relaxing at Medbourne - very dog friendly and the local pub, The Nevill Arims is excellent and dog friendly in the bars (they have an onsite restaurant and cafe, neither of which allow dogs, but they serve the same top quality food in the bars - menu changes daily).

Last edited:
The pinemarten bar @ Glenmore near Aviemore in the Cairngorms. Music too on weekends and dog friendly with log burner .

HI @Chopman there is a good site on facebook called campingpub it is very good you put in where you want to stopover ( area ) and loads will say where and if they are any good :thumbsup:

Just stayed in Crickhowell, Wales ... here riverside caravans crickhowel

Really quiet, no kids, excellent showers/facilities awesome dog walking country all around

Dog friendly pubs nearby, but we ate at The Bear Hotel professional staff but really welcoming and dog friendly, (dog Biscuits from the barman) and the food was great.

Just stayed in Crickhowell, Wales ... here riverside caravans crickhowel

Really quiet, no kids, excellent showers/facilities awesome dog walking country all around

Dog friendly pubs nearby, but we ate at The Bear Hotel professional staff but really welcoming and dog friendly, (dog Biscuits from the barman) and the food was great.

Pass that ever time we come back from Fforest Fields , not keen on the entrance to the place off that road it's along

Back