Anglia Region Spring Rally / Meet

Merryman

Retired
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi.
Am proposing to hold a Rally or Meet. depending on members available time etc, so here goes
Date; Friday 13th May- Sunday 15th May
Location; Applewood Holiday Park, Banham, Norfolk
Cost; £31.00 per unit per night including hook up
This 4 star camp site, has excellent facilities, plus on site shop, playground. Pods, glamping etc.
Lies next door to the Banham Zoo.
Restaurant / Pub, outside the main gates, with Saturday night live entertainment. Plus local village shop, Fish and Chip shop with Kebabs and Pizza.
Sunday mornings in a nearby field, there is usually a Car boot sale, with burger van and Ice Cream Van.

There is a large club house and available if free, however the venue is very popular for Weddings etc.
Applewood have offered a discount for more than 10 units.
Located within a short drive, is Bressingham Steam Railway (3 separate tracks 3 gauges). Snettisham Race Track.
The zoo offers a £5 discount to Applewood Campers.
www.applewoodholidays.co.uk
www.banhamzoo.co.uk
How far from you;
Boston 75 miles, Peterborough 73 miles, Colchester 48 miles, Ipswich 32 miles, Cambridge City 49 miles, Enfield 93 miles, Stevenage 77 miles, Bedford 78 miles. For example.

At the moment looking for members showing a possible interest. If more than 15 at this stage, will inform the site, and to take bookings under the name of T6 Forum for those dates. You can of course book earlier or stay longer. Day visitors aren't usually accommodating other than for the weddings, security etc of too many motors coming and going.
So please, check out the 2 web sites, possibly even Snettisham for races, and Bressingham .
Please send a small message, to say interested. Please no negatives of ' would love to come but have Great Auntie Berthas 80th birthday etc. Only fogs up the thread.
Anyone interested in supporting with music, kids games etc, pen me a personal message.
Good luck, and remember, The name is just the title and open to ALL forum members, from where ever.
Will update this thread every Monday until 9th of May
Merryman

Last edited:
Applewoods a really good site had the pleasure of staying there a few times now. Pub across the road does some good cider. I'd be interested in this as it's a local meet for me.
There's a big local group of vw Transporters that'd be interested in this. The guy running it is on here can tell him to take a look if you like ?

Hi Damo,
Thanks for the response. Generally speaking, Anglia encompasses Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, some include Bedfordshire and Lincolnshire. Knowing from other groups, population etc, Anglia is the largest by members. So calling on just a few I have gleaned. TheViewmaster, Ricardo T, Woodman, Buzznitro, Danny wilds, M hill, Nigel D, Andy Cody, Ads_Essex. Probably over a 1,000 current members/owners.
Regarding your Transporter mucker, the more the merrier. If they just show under the booking T6 Forum, and if they could keep me posted.

It's Tuesday and not Monday, so a day late, after a 400 mile run to Paisley from Norwich.
As all things new, a bit like lighting the blue touch paper and see whether it's a Banger or a Squib. Early days.

Just added a link in the Upcoming Events, under a thread started by Jimmyjames 23/11/2019
Haven't been able to list in the calendar.
I don't think many look to the The Pub for upcoming events.

Thanks for all the enquiries. Check out the site for fees and for the Banham Zoo.

Back