Reclassify N1 to M1?

Oggy57

Hi all,
I’ve got a t6 euro 5 ( van with windows ) camper
Has anyone successfully re-classified there vehicle N1 to M1???

Tax class stays with a vehicle for life and I've just learnt that Manchester is an actual city, always thought it was just an airport!

Hi all,
I’ve got a t6 euro 5 ( van with windows ) camper
Has anyone successfully re-classified there vehicle N1 to M1???
It's irrelevant anyway but if you check out the Clean Air website you'll see there is currently a consultation to include M1 vehicles in the charge as in effect not a fair application of the charge as if stands.

There's a thread on here somewhere - the Euro status on some V5 forms is blank - as such exempt from London ULEZ despite having a Euro 5 - really hoping this is the case for the Manchester one!

To me a Camper is clearly not commercial - it's a family vehicle - these are exempt so an uneven application of the charge again.

@ahappychappie where do you see the Euro status? I checked my vans V5 and there’s no listing for Euro status.
On my original V5 there is no Euro status. When I put a private reg on and got a new v5 there is D.2 "Euro Status" - but it's simply blank.

See GOV.UK - Enter the registration number of the vehicle - mine states Euro status is "not available" - how about yours?

Hence if you check London ULEZ - there is no charge aaspresumably it doesn't know the info - so hoping Manchester one will work the same (I'm in Denton)!!

On my original V5 there is no Euro status. When I put a private reg on and got a new v5 there is D.2 "Euro Status" - but it's simply blank.

See GOV.UK - Enter the registration number of the vehicle - mine states Euro status is "not available" - how about yours?

Hence if you check London ULEZ - there is no charge aaspresumably it doesn't know the info - so hoping Manchester one will work the same (I'm in Denton)!!
Just checked mine and on the gov website like yours, my euro status is blank but on London ulez its chargeable, bummer

Just checked mine and on the gov website like yours, my euro status is blank but on London ulez its chargeable, bummer

@Hickey - Just to double check - on the ULEZ site - it will state "One charge applied to this vehicle" however that's actually the Congestion charge - applicable to every vehicle - but you're seeing an additional ULEZ charge as well? Odd if your Euro status is blank as not sure how it's working out the charge...

@Hickey - Just to double check - on the ULEZ site - it will state "One charge applied to this vehicle" however that's actually the Congestion charge - applicable to every vehicle - but you're seeing an additional ULEZ charge as well? Odd if your Euro status is blank as not sure how it's working out the charge...

Hope you don't think I'm stalking but found your reg from a picture in a previous post - yep you're hit with the Congestion charge. But we're both Euro 5's - as far as I'm aware the only difference being I've had a new V5 since I put a private reg on - which seems to omit the Euro classification - though when we both do the check online we both get blank euro status - but I'm defo not hit by the ULEZ - how bizarre...

Hope you don't think I'm stalking but found your reg from a picture in a previous post - yep you're hit with the Congestion charge. But we're both Euro 5's - as far as I'm aware the only difference being I've had a new V5 since I put a private reg on - which seems to omit the Euro classification - though when we both do the check online we both get blank euro status - but I'm defo not hit by the ULEZ - how bizarre...

Looks like your the lucky one :) for now at least, no doubt they will suss all the little cracks out at some point seen as its a pretty big cash cow

My 2016 T6 Euro5 is ‘not available’ as is my 2001 A4 Euro4.
Another half baked government software project no doubt.
It still looks better than my NHS record though.

Looks like your the lucky one :) for now at least, no doubt they will suss all the little cracks out at some point seen as its a pretty big cash cow
Like you say no doubt they'll capture all the quirks.

Manchester Clean Air Zone is focused on Commercial vehicles - well for the moment - what really irritates me is they're aware of N1 with Motor Caravan status - but still including in the charges - in what way is a Camper a Commercial vehicle. Ours is our only vehicle, thus a family vehicle - pollutes far less than a neighbours 12 year old 4 litre Range Rover - but no charge for them - simply not fair...

Like you say no doubt they'll capture all the quirks.

Manchester Clean Air Zone is focused on Commercial vehicles - well for the moment - what really irritates me is they're aware of N1 with Motor Caravan status - but still including in the charges - in what way is a Camper a Commercial vehicle. Ours is our only vehicle, thus a family vehicle - pollutes far less than a neighbours 12 year old 4 litre Range Rover - but no charge for them - simply not fair...
I fully agree, I sold my Euro5 T6 Caravelle conversion and this os one of the things that made me sell.

Just got back from 2 days away and checked my V5,and Euro status Blank but I’ll still be liable for
the ULEZ ?? Cashcow for Manchester.

Back